• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix8008

First Post
corcio said:
the door to the inn opens slowly, thru it comes a man. he looks pale as death and covered in grime and dirt and blood. his black leather clothing is torn and covered with dust and debris. he peers around cautiously and looks a bit relieved upon seeing joe at the bar. he brushes himself off at the door for a second and begins walking casually as to not draw attention to himself and then he sidles up to the bar. and sits. whispering to a nearby waitress to bring him a glass of wine. he sips it slowly but steadily until gone and orders another one. his hand shaking slightly holding the glass. setting the wine glass down he draws out a dagger and begins tossing it absently in the air and catching it. his hand seems a bit steadier now. Joe walks over to the man and glances at him concerned."what happened to you?" asks joe. Manon the rogue looks up from his wine and blankly stares at joe and says "i...i dont know...."

From nearby, another patron of the Inn takes notice and decides to take action. Standing from his seat, the man with short red hair and goatee approaches the bar and the man newly sitting there. Leanng on his staff, he removes his pipe from his mouth and speaks. "Greetings, I am Saithnar." he begins with a nod of his head. "Many strange things have I seen walking in and out of this door," he waves his pipe towards the front door of the Red Dragon Inn before continuing. "but you are the first I have seen or heard of that does not know what has happened to them which could leave them in such a state as you appear to be in. I see that you are truthful in not knowing, and that loss of memory intruiges me greatly. Prey tell, what DO you remember happening before that time which is now lost to you?" he asks with an expression of interest on his face.

Lot

First Post
hero4hire said:
Kol nods absently. "Yeah...Isn't he the one who joined those messengers?"

Lokin leans back into his chair.

"Well, that's too bad. He sounded like he had some good deals. Maybe I'll wait for him. What's the point of hurrying off to get new armor or weapons just to come back here and wait. With my luck, I'd spend the money and this Tarag would come back before an employer would. For now, I'll wait."

The matter settled, Lokin orders yet another ale.

corcio

First Post

Phoenix8008 said:
From nearby, another patron of the Inn takes notice and decides to take action. Standing from his seat, the man with short red hair and goatee approaches the bar and the man newly sitting there. Leanng on his staff, he removes his pipe from his mouth and speaks. "Greetings, I am Saithnar." he begins with a nod of his head. "Many strange things have I seen walking in and out of this door," he waves his pipe towards the front door of the Red Dragon Inn before continuing. "but you are the first I have seen or heard of that does not know what has happened to them which could leave them in such a state as you appear to be in. I see that you are truthful in not knowing, and that loss of memory intruiges me greatly. Prey tell, what DO you remember happening before that time which is now lost to you?" he asks with an expression of interest on his face.

Turning briefly towards the man on the staff, manon looks uneasy at first and stops tossing his dagger into the air. shoving it back into his belt he take a sip of his wine and quietly says "im not really sure, a group of us went to help a man whos name i cant remember. we were staying near a farm not too far from here. I remember facing disgusting undead creatures who would not fall to my attacks. after that i rememeber a ....a cave" manon turns back and sips more of his wine before he continues. "after this i cant recall. i do not know what has happened to my companions. and i have a sick feeling in my heart. I do not know what to do now. .... " he trails off. "i can recall no more, i dont even know how i ended up back in here." looking at the man for a minute to inspect him, manon is not sure what sort of answer he can find and simply turns back to his drink and says nothing.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Well, our judge has returned and taken over the adventure, so Tarag won't be miraculously reappearing in the RDI too soon. :eek: I hope for your sakes that you're not still waiting for an adventure by the time he gets back (but he'd still be very happy to craft those weapons for you ;) if you are.)

Lot

First Post
Lokin, leaning comfortably in his seat, starts to nod off. He catch himself before he falls into actual slumber.

"All this waiting plus the drinking, I'm getiing a bit tired. Don't want to fall asleep in my mail. Good way to wake up sore. I'm going to change. No point in sitting around in armor, is there?"

Lokin heads upstairs.

Dargon

First Post
In bye the door comes an elf wearing equipment looking to be old on the brink of ancient and severely outdated. He looks tired and all life energy seems to have left the elf. He walks toward the bar disk with shoulders hanging low, on the way looks around quickly, scanning the room with eyes that betrays the look of tired and hopelessness. He reach Joe at the bar. “What can I do for you” Joe asks.” Cesurius is my name I have been traveling south the last many months. I’m looking for something to do. Walking the road with no goal or gold becomes kind of boring in the long run. Almost anything would do”. “You are the right place then, take a seat somewhere”. Cesurius orders a mug of ale from one of the waitresses and takes a seat near the wall were he sits down and closes his eyes for a moment, takes a deep breath and then leans back I guess this is as good a city to start my trade again as anywhere else but I don’t think I can take being stationed here for a long time I have only been here a few minutes and I am already felling restless, maybe I should just move one tomorrow cesurius thinks to himself. As the mug arrives he takes a large sip “this Is okay I might stay a few days more even through nothing comes up, just to enjoy the beer” he murmurs to him self.

Last edited:

Dargon

First Post
Cesurius walks up to the message bored at the wall and put up a poster, the heads back to his seat

Cesurius’ armors
Because good protection
is important against small surprises.

Excellent prices for repairing and custom tailored light or medium armors

Cobbler street 5 or ask for Cesurius at the RDI

Rystil Arden

First Post
I realised that some people don't read General Discussion regularly, so I'm cross-posting this here [SBLOCK=ANNOUNCEMENT--MEGA ADVENTURE]
Okay, since my Showdown adventure is still pretty slow, and since there was a very high chance that if they complete their quest, they will fulfill the minor side prerequisite to the big mega-adventure, I'm just going to do a bit of a time-skip here and say that they did.

What does that mean for you, gentle player?

It means that a big world-shaking mega-adventure that spans multiple adventuring groups is about to begin. It is suitable for adventurers of all levels, except higher levels are better and it can take no more than about 1 group's worth of total newbies. High level adventurers are requested if possible. The risks will be great, but so will the rewards. Do you have what it takes to stop the resurrection of one of the greatest evils in LEW's history? Chime in here. Once I have enough people, we can start the big pregame council and then split off into groups!

(Minor sidenote--the mega-adventure will technically take place after the return of both the Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins group and the Crux of the Matter group. It is a bit of an unusual sidenote, but if you guys want to take part (and tCotM group will recognise some links in this so I suggest it), you can post interest even though we aren't done yet)[/SBLOCK]

GDI7007

First Post
"Quintane Vos is the name, and traps and sneaking is the game! Finally made my way here to seek fame and fortune at the famous Red Dragon Inn." the halfling male says as he enters the Inn. "So, what's new people?"

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar continues his waiting game at the Inn, feeling that surely something must happen someday...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads