• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOcho

First Post
Grinning Maladar says, "The luck is definitely with you tonight Jinx. Lets see how long it can hold out." Another crown is put in the ante, and the dice are thrown 6, 2

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace stands and smiles, A warm welcome to you, Sergeant Corvinus. I regret that work is bit scarce now, though there does seem to be a certain anticipation in the air. We've been entertaining ourselves with some idle chat and games. If you need anything, I'm sure our host, Jace gestures to Joe at the bar, "can offer you hospitality." Jace returns to his seat.

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan, invisible bard

Patrons of the inn see the door open and... well, actually, they don't see anyone come in. They do, however, hear a loud, clear, melodious baritone voice begin to sing. The invisible source moves around the tavern, but captivates all (Perform check: 30)

I'll sing for friendship
I'll sing for my supper
I'll sing for the party
I'll sing for love

For music and song are the greatest of treasures
To soothe and relax, entertain or to woo
Ballads and epics, romances and all
The whole world over, to nourish the soul

For dukes and for peasants
For soldiers and wizards
For gnomes, orcs and hobbits
For guildsmen and kings
For ladies and courtiers
For mourners or lovers
For all of your friends
And for you I will sing!

At the final cadence, the mysterious musician becomes visible: a large brown-skinned man wearing a magnificent purple cloak takes a bow and adds, speaking this time, Greetings fellow travellers. My name is Nurlan.

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx is distracted by the invisible-bard spiel, at first; he raps his knuckles on the table in appreciation, and accompanies the gesture with a holler of "Hail, Nurlan! Great singing. Just stay visible near the heap o' gold here, now!"

TheOcho said:
Grinning Maladar says, "The luck is definitely with you tonight Jinx. Lets see how long it can hold out." Another crown is put in the ante, and the dice are thrown 6, 2
"..ah, yeh. My turn..?" Turning back to the game, Jinx throws a gold piece in the pot, and rolls the dice.. they come up showing five and one. "Not forever, looks like. Though nothing's decided yet."

ethandrul

First Post
orsal said:
Patrons of the inn see the door open and... well, actually, they don't see anyone come in. They do, however, hear a loud, clear, melodious baritone voice begin to sing. The invisible source moves around the tavern, but captivates all (Perform check: 30)

I'll sing for friendship
I'll sing for my supper
I'll sing for the party
I'll sing for love

For music and song are the greatest of treasures
To soothe and relax, entertain or to woo
Ballads and epics, romances and all
The whole world over, to nourish the soul

For dukes and for peasants
For soldiers and wizards
For gnomes, orcs and hobbits
For guildsmen and kings
For ladies and courtiers
For mourners or lovers
For all of your friends
And for you I will sing!

At the final cadence, the mysterious musician becomes visible: a large brown-skinned man wearing a magnificent purple cloak takes a bow and adds, speaking this time, Greetings fellow travellers. My name is Nurlan.

Hasin Laughs heartily! A fine rendition lad!, though I would perfer to hear something a bit...more rude!Let me try another verse.

I sing for a sandwich
I sing for mead
I sing for the serving wench
on whom I just pee'd!

covaithe

Explorer
Jace said:
"I regret that work is bit scarce now, though there does seem to be a certain anticipation in the air."

"I see what you mean. This place feels like an army ready to march, just waiting for orders," Corvinus replies. He walk to the bar, and exchanges a few words with Joe, after which he retrieves his weapons from the corner and takes them upstairs to a room. He returns shortly, and settles into a chair with a small mug of good beer.

Patlin

Explorer
A Bard! Excellent.

When Nurlan is done singing, Ironwolf will try to get his attention.

"Do you take comissions, Sir? I'd like to hire a bard to write a song of praise for my friend Hulgyr, who is a true hero, and to spread his tale throughout the land."

TheOcho

First Post
Tossing a coin on the table Maladar picks the dice up. "Let's see if fortunes have truly reversed". The dice come up 2 and 5. Shaking his head Maladar says, "Your turn Valan".

Bison

First Post
ethandrul said:
Hasin Laughs heartily! A fine rendition lad!, though I would perfer to hear something a bit...more rude!Let me try another verse.

I sing for a sandwich
I sing for mead
I sing for the serving wench
on whom I just pee'd!

cousin ... I knew you had some bard in you after alll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads