City of Tomorrow IC (DC/Blood of Heroes)

hero4hire

Explorer
While 0/Gs and Blockade work out a tentative alliance on the ground; Bubbles lands on the roof. She doesn't see anyone lurking on the rooftop, just the strange vehicle and the broken into entrance.

Bubbles gives the broken door a look, wondering if it was punched through, blasted through, or maybe melted through. She looks back at the vehicle to see if there is a simple entrance to it. (Assuming nothing has changed) She looks into the doorway (expecting a stairwell). With one last look around, she floats above the ground and starts to fly quietly down the stairwell, hugging the wall so she is not seen immediately if they left a rearguard behind on the stairs. (so, also not top speed)

hero4hire

Explorer
As Bubbles is about to cross the threshold to the stairwell the vehicle springs to life and shoots a volley of bullets from mounted weapons. Bubbles feels pain lance through her arm as she is unable to avoid all of the hailfire.
The craft then begins to take off at high speed. <<vrwoosh>>

OOC: Surprise Attack hits. Only 2 RAPs of damage. You may use "Last Ditch Defense" and spend 2 HP to absorb the damage. ( a recommended tactic )
Perception checks needed from 0/Gs and Blockade OV/RV 4/4 to hear and see above. Then initiative.

Last edited:

OOC: I'm spending the HP. But if I didn't would my BODY drop to 6?

Initiative [roll0]

How close to the door is Bubbles? With my flight AP 8, would she get in and down the stairs away from the weapon in one action?

EarlyBird

Explorer
"I was going to, *gulp* jump up..."

*RATTTATATATATTATATTATTA*

"What was that?"

OOC: Even though I haven't rolled yet. lol
[roll0]
[roll1]
Hope that is enough.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC:
Bubbles can certainly get into the stairwell with an automatic action and still have a dice action. However the craft did take off.

15 is plenty to notice. But it is more of a thwipthwipthwip and a wooosh
Both the guns and the engines have been silenced. Otherwise it would've been more or less automatic to detect the gunfire or sound of engines taking off. Even from this distance.

OOC: Didn't notice the ship taking off. Is it's high speed higher than my flight speed?

Bubbles jumps up on top the ship as it attempts to take off. She sees a surface she can hold on to, she hopes.

OOC: If needed, a roll to get on the ship before it gets to a speed she can't maintain. [roll0] + [roll1]
If needed a roll to hold on: [roll2] + [roll3]
Both are physical so OV/RV is 6/4 for both.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"You... you want to help," Jacob looks over the big man and gains a bit of confidence. "Ok. I can lower the gravity around you, and you need to jump as soon as it does."

Standing next to Blockade, the teen hero never felt so small. "Ready?"

OOC: Not sure I need a power roll. But Blockade may need to roll something to land just right.
Power: Anything I decrease in weight, I may push it up to a distance equal to the leftover APs.
So if Blockade weighs 3APs - I could "throw" (or have him jump for visual effect) another 7APs (I thnk that is near a 1/4 of a mile, could be wrong, no book at the moment)

hero4hire

Explorer
Bubbles
Energy globules cascade Bubbles into the air after the Hovercraft which instantly pick up speed. The heroine finds she is able to just keep up, some distance behind, but unable to gain on the vehicle.

0/Gs & Blockade

The young hero manipulates gravity around the Big Man and suddenly flung straight up at over 120mph!

OOC:
Bubbles is in pursuit. Both have the same speed, however the Pilot has a surprise round headstart. So at the moment stalemate.

Blockade is flung straight up at 7aps speed. The Acrobatics OV/RV of grabbing onto the building before he travels all the way up past the roof will be 10/10.

Remove ads