• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City State of the Invincible Overlord - worth it?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Is this the edition in the store for MSRP -

City State of the Invincible Overlord | eBay

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Overlord-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying/dp/1588469905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303854979&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: City State of the Invincible Overlord (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying) (9781588469908): Patrick Lawinger, Bob Bledsaw, Bill Owen: Books[/ame]

Treebore

First Post
Wow! I need to sell one of my three sets of Necromancers Games collections I have! One of my three kids will just have to do without their own copies.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
When we were in our first really full campaign, back in the mid-seventies, the original came out right about when one of our GMs was expanding his homebrew setting (which had started as a village with a dungeon nearby, as many did) and it was a perfect addition. We had a blast exploring the many nooks and crannies, becoming involved in the political machine, and setting up a head quarters to use between more typical adventures (though there were adventures enough between adventures, to be sure).

Thanael

Explorer

Wow, Necromancergames really sold a few of those at $ 115. Must be the seller's rep. Other seller's copies go for much less on ebay atm. I had trouble selling my spare for $ 45.

Amazon marketplace prices are as always to be taken with a big grain of salt.

catsclaw227

First Post
Don't think in terms of making money - you're just not going to do much of it with RPG books. Maybe a bit, but not much (e.g. you might find Knights of the Old Republic at a bookstore for cover price and then be able to sell it for $60 or $70, but so what?).

I've seen Ptolus listed for well over $250 in the past (and it looks like in April, on ebay, there were 4 sold for between $148.50 and $285) and I sold a numbered Rappan Athuk Reloaded boxed set for $175 last year.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Look... As far as I am concerned, this is a great buy for any reason. I don't care if my copy is worth money. It's worth GOLD for an awesome, detailed, D&D city, with amoral leaders and a ton of influence.

I love this book (though I love even MORE they're Bard's Gate hardback), and you can always play it straight or strip it for ideas.

Resale value? I have no idea.

Personal value? Off the charts. It's been a linchpin in two of my campaigns.

I think this pretty much sums up my feelings too. Buy it and enjoy it :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads