WOIN Clarification needed for the "Prison Tough" exploit (NEW)

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
In the NOW Core rulebook p. 50, the Prisoner career has a career exploit called "Prison Tough." It says "You are mentally and physically toughened. Each time you go to prison you gain a permanent +1 bonus to your Defense and Mental Defense." It looks like there is a word missing. I'm thinking it's either Vital Defense or Melee Defense. I suspect it is not all defenses otherwise Mental Defense wouldn't be specified. I'm leaning Vital as it says the character is "physically toughened," but if there is an official clarification or other good opinions from my fellow WOIN GMs, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Last edited:

Suskeyhose

Explorer
In the NEW Core rulebook p. 50, the Prisoner career has a career exploit called "Prison Tough." It says "You are mentally and physically toughened. Each time you go to prison you gain a permanent +1 bonus to your Defense and Mental Defense." It looks like there is a word missing. I'm thinking it's either Vital Defense or Melee Defense. I suspect it is not all defenses otherwise Mental Defense wouldn't be specified. I'm leaning Vital as it says the character is "physically toughened," but if there is an official clarification or other good opinions from my fellow WOIN GMs, I'm all ears. Thanks!
In OLD Core Rulebook v1.3 p.51 Prison Tough says "You are mentally and physically toughened. Each time you take this exploit you gain a permanent +1 bonus to all four of your Defense scores. You may repeat this exploit."

I think this is intended to be the same, so I'd say it's all four for NEW as well.

Remove ads