• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Clarifications by Mike Mearls

Phaezen

Adventurer
So Mike posted the following clarifications on Twitter yesterday, couldn't find them on the forum so I decided to share them.

Hey everyone, looks like I've been answering some rules questions with an outdated version of Basic D&D. Corrections to follow.

Barbarians no longer lose their rage abilities for one week after eating a meal using a fork, spoon, or knife.

It is no longer legal in OP to attack bard player characters on sight.

Druid players are no longer required to bring living animals to the table to represent beast forms they want to transform into.

Paladins no longer receive XP penalties for, and I quote "making with the sexy times."

The latest revisions to the spells chapter means that the spells no longer, in fact, work in real life.

Please change the damage for "A withering critique of an opponent's rapping ability" from 3d12 psychic damage to 2d6 cold damage.

Last but not least, you no longer need to "bust out real karate moves" on anyone at the table to gain bonus damage on a critical hit.

Thanks for being understanding, and sorry for those oversights. I have updated my files to the latest versions.

I now strongly believe he has sucked the soul out of 5e and ruined it

/Ragequit

Riley

Legend
Supporter
<strike>This just proves that they are not really interested in supporting all styles of play.

And don't try to tell me that it will all be "okay" if they simply include an "Iron Man D&D" module in the DMG.

/Ragequit</strike>

Edit: I've decided not to ragequit yet, since I only get one ragequit.

Instead I ask:

"Where's the verisimilitude?"

Last edited:

There's something about that list that puts me in mind of "Always Sunny in Philadelphia". God knows what house rules that crew would have. "Sweet karate moves" would be involved for sure.

Remove ads