• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class Acts: Hierophant Druids and a surprise

mudlock

First Post
D'oh! I'm quite interested in the elemental source (running a campaign where the primordials will feature heavily, and wondering how they're coupling that fluff in), but I'm not a DDI subscriber. Oh well; I hope it sees print some day.

Incenjucar

Legend
Wait what Elemental? :eek:

Oh thank goodness. <3

I might actually resubscribe now.

Does "elemental" appear to have any actual meaning at this point?

Larrin

Entropic Good
Elemental hasn't an obvious meaning, thought the powers have air/fire/earth/water options (ie when you use the power you either roll randomly or chose to do the air,fire,earth or water effect.) so its possible thats what elemental means...could be a neat mechanic if every 'elemental' power had four effects to chose/chance from. Would make for a flexible and/or random power source.

the Jester

Legend
Huh. I'm glad- and somewhat surprised- to hear that the elemental power source is still in, but sadly my sub has expired. With luck in a few months I'll re-up, but that's pending serious improvements in the value of DDI.

Mummolus

First Post
The use of both "Elemental" and "Primal" for most of them leaves me wondering if there will be similar "Elemental" and "Arcane" powers, for example. Could be interesting to see where this goes.

Incenjucar

Legend
Personally I'm hoping that "elemental" has a heavy active control element to it, but at this point I'm just happy it's included, since it gives it a fighting chance to become a lasting part of the brand. I've been wishing for elementalism as its own thing in D&D since 2nd edition, so this is quite a relief after all the talk of elemental being redundant.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Part of me wonders if this book will be to the elemental power source what Heroes of Shadow is to the shadow power source. Note the section I underlined...
thalmin said:
Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild a D&D Supplement by Rodney Thompson and Steve Townshend

Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild enables players to weave elements of the Feywild into their existing and future characters, in much the same way that Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow gave players reasons to explore their characters' dark connections to the Shadowfell.

This book contains exciting new character builds and options that are thematically rooted to the Feywild, a wild and verdent plane of arcane splendor, full of dangerous and whimsical creatures. Characters who trace their origins or backgrounds to the Feywild gain access to unique feats, powers, and mechanics. The book explores what makes fey-themed characters so fun and distinct.
(note: usable for Encounters from Nov 15, 2011 through Feb 8, 2012)

160 page hardcover
November 15, 2011 $29.95

Remove ads