• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class features, Dailies and Ability Scores

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I looked again at the Fighter Surge and Knack cass feature. The idea of having arbitrary numbers of day feature worried me a bit... it did not match martial aspects but it didn't bother me that much.

Then it hit me.

Fighter's Surge (A feature that might be rationalize as a burst of extra energy) is 2/day. The fighter's Con mod is +2.

Knack (A skill based feature) is 2/day. The rogue's Int mod is +2.

Hmmm.. Channel Divinity is 3 times a day for on cleric and 4 for the other.

Hmmm... Could it... Nah... Maybe... Hmmmm...

Traken

First Post
Wait, you mean there might be additional character creation rules that we haven't seen yet?

You really think Wizards would really do that to us?

DogBackward

First Post
Ooh, nice catch, I hadn't noticed that. Gives a decent advantage for someone who wants to play a very tough Fighter or a clever Rogue. Since Constitution and Intelligence are only marginally useful for both classes (Constitution being more useful for Fighters than Intelligence is for Rogues).

I like it.

Stalker0

Legend
I think some MAD can be a good thing. It keeps characters from being too cookie-cutter.

Especially like this. For example, a rogue having extra knack seems awesome, but not so much that I would necessarily feel the need to drop dex unless that is the kind of character I wanted to play.

Same with the fighter. A few extra attacks a day aren't worth the loss of strength...but considering the flexibility it offers it might fit up that character's alley.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Surge is minor enough that you don't have to put points into CON but it is a bonus if you do.

A 18/14/12 Str/Dex/Con fighter would be as encouraged as a 16/12/16 fighter.

Same with Knack.

Remove ads