• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class List?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
So they're talking about all the classes from every single Player's Handbook, right? What's that look like?

I believe it's classes from only the 1st PHB from each edition. (Could be wrong, but I believe that's what the quote was...still, that's a lot of classes)

nightwalker450

First Post
Still that means we'll get
fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue, ranger, paladin
and also
sorcerer, warlock, monk, barbarian, warlord, druid

These are off the top of my head covering 3rd and 4th... That's either gonna be a helluva book, or really dense (yeah don't expect half page spell descriptions if they plan on fitting all of this)

But some of these could be wrapped in themes combined with base classes.
Fighter -> Barbarian Theme
Fighter -> Warlord Theme
Sorcerer -> Warlock Theme (or vice versa)

JohnSnow

Hero
Actually, the quote was that they were "shooting for the moon" with the intention of including every class that had ever been in a PHB 1. That would mean:

Assassin (1e)
Barbarian (3e)
Bard (2e-3e, even 1e, sorta)
Cleric (all)
Druid (1e-3e)
Fighter (all)
Illusionist (1e-2e)
Monk (1e & 3e)
Paladin (all)
Priest (2e)
Ranger (all)
Rogue/Thief (all)
Sorcerer (3e)
Warlock (4e)
Warlord (4e)
Wizard/Magic-User (all)

I don't know that all of the classes will survive to be included in the final book, but that's the list.

Oni

First Post
Also, though it's never been a PHB1 class, there is think the psion class making the first string might be possible. Psionics has a long history with the game, and there were a couple tantalizing quotes about psionics from DDXP.

Anyway I'm hoping for very dense and simplified classes that can be described in a page or less, two at most, discounting things like spells and feats that can be shared by multiple classes.

Ichneumon

First Post
The classes in the PHB have been well mulled over, and yes, some of them will probably end up expressed by themes. But I'd love to see a separate Illusionist class.

First cab off the rank post-PHB will be ... Shaman. Though one shouldn't discount the Factotum.

gyor

Legend
Actually I believe the psion was in one of the phbs1 in the appendex, so an arguement could be made for it.

Also while some previous classes maybe turned into themes, they were refering to stuff like the avenger, which has never been in,a phb.

They may want to rename the illusionist to aviod confusion with the mage school. Maybe Mesmorist?

S

Sunseeker

I really do hope we see more than the "base 5" in 5e's PHB 1. Or at least, give the base 5 some various advancement routes to make them into the other classes that are essentially core variants.

Remove ads