Class (new Doctor Who spinoff)

Ryujin

Legend
I thought Torchwood was suppose to be the 'UNIT' spinoff without actually calling it UNIT so they didn't have the copyright issues.

I'd like to see a Victorian Torchwood though, a direct follow up to Tooth & Claw that keeps the thematic focus on Gothic monsters (albeit recast as aliens). They could even have the occasional cameo from Strax, Jenny and Vastra

I actually thought that with the several times they were brought back, we'd be seeing a Madame Vastra Investigations spin-off.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I actually thought that with the several times they were brought back, we'd be seeing a Madame Vastra Investigations spin-off.

They work well in small doses, but too much would ruin them.

And Strax only has one joke.

MarkB

Legend
I thought Torchwood was suppose to be the 'UNIT' spinoff without actually calling it UNIT so they didn't have the copyright issues.

I'd like to see a Victorian Torchwood though, a direct follow up to Tooth & Claw that keeps the thematic focus on Gothic monsters (albeit recast as aliens). They could even have the occasional cameo from Strax, Jenny and Vastra

One of our local DMs has run some successful Call of Cthulhu adventures with that setting, though it was a few years ago, before Vastra and co.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You may be right about that, but then again how many years did "Red Dwarf" go on with maybe a half dozen recurring jokes? ;)

I can't answer that, as Red Dwarf is still being made.

The recent series this year was pretty good, actually.

Remove ads