D&D General Classes getting along or not

HorrorRogue

Villager
Hey

Im wondering what classes or subclasses would get along or not in your opinion.

For example 3.5 player handbook each class has a paragraph or more under "other classes" about how said class gets along with others(like a Death Domain cleric would most likely get along with a wizard specialized in the school of necromancy in my opinion) that's what I'm wondering.

I'm aware any class can work together due to RP or whatever but I'm asking from a more generalized standpoint.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I like to imagine Clerics and Druids being in sort of a new religion vs old religion kind of soft conflict. Just a theme familiar from some old theories about the Christianization of Europe, you'd occassionally find in fantasy novels, like Kieth Taylor's Bard.

It's easy to imagine there being some tension between trained/civilized classes and talented/individualistic ones. Like Fighter, Monk, or Paladin vs Barbarian or Wizard vs Sorcerer.

The potential conflict between benevolent-deity Cleric/Paladin and Infernal Warlock is obvious, maybe a little trite.
Similarly, Paladin v Thief or Assassin (ie Rogue) is an old one.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Fighter and Barbarian?
3HTNHL.gif

Amrûnril

Adventurer
All of this depends on specific characters, of course, but assuming traditional narratives, some of the sharpest conflicts might be within classes rather than between them. Imagine the conjuration and transmutation colleges competing for research funding, or the clerics falling on opposite sides of a recent theological schism.

Remove ads