• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic fantasy cartoons you used in your campaign

BroccoliRage

First Post
Heres ones ive used:

Masters of the Universe- i used castle greyskull and snake mountain, the former is inhabited by a lich who rides a panther, the lich is named keldor...

Pirates of darkwater- duh, i took the darkwater idea...

Dungeons and dragons- the dungeonmaster! every now and then he pops up and ridicules the pc's in the strangest of places.

Voltron- i have a large golem that becomes animated by five mages who occupy each limb and join minds.

Dragons lair- the main character is an NPC...ive since forgotten his name but hes the same character.

any you have?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
One of the Major BBEGs I've used is a Lich Blackguard/Pirate named Lord Roth who was based on Bloth (Pirates of Darkwater), and though I never developed it I had considered replacing Druids with Biomancers.

I've used the idea of magic items being powered by a Bio-computer at the Core of the Planet which I adapted from Galaxy Rangers (damn when I was at school alot of the guys had a crush on Niko!)

oh and I'ved used hammer throwing tortles and mushroom troopers as adapted from Super Mario (which did get its own cartoon)

Tinner

First Post
I'm currently playing in a game that completely ripped off Starblazers. BBEG's are dropping horrible things on us from above. We pile into our boat converted for air flight and hunt them down.

My d20 Modern games tend to look at lot like this cartoon.

StupidSmurf

First Post
I had a series of three rooms in a recent dungeon:

One was occupied by dire badgers
The next one had myconids
And the third one had a large poisonous snake

loki44

Explorer
howandwhy99 said:
Loki44 is currently head of "The Smurfs" after he killed off Papa.

Now why you wanna throw me under the bus like that? :p

I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to facilitate their reproduction process (hoping there might be some advice in the latest Dragon that I have not received yet).

Also, while it's not fantasy per se, a long time ago I based a Top Secret adventure on a Tintin story, "The Crab with the Golden Claws".

Don't Look!

Legends of the Overfiend

See? I told you not to look!

(or at least wear +5 Adamantine Trousers)

And, for the record I was one of the unfortunates to PLAY in that particular game.

I'm glad I played the guy with the 5 Charisma and not the Half-Elf Bard with the 18.

Remove ads