• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic fantasy cartoons you used in your campaign

frankthedm

First Post
BroccoliRage said:
Pirates of darkwater- duh, i took the darkwater idea...
I'd kiss a Darva worm for a hardcover Darkwater campagn setting. For those who don't know, it is sort of the climate opposite of Athas{Dark*Sun}, but keeping the alien [to us] life forms [more fishy of course]. Trade off the Psi powers to have metal back and bing. http://www.piratesofdarkwater.net/#

The Lodoss war berserker's Hyurii fea spirits are more or less in my game, tempting barbarians to go berserk and fight till they fall apart like a zombie.

Ogre magi {oni] loose thier magic powers if thier horns are removed, but that might actually be in the myth{I saw it first in the anime Urusei*Yatsutra]

More video game than cartoon/anime influence.

Brakkart

First Post
Masters of the Universe - The Snakemen (from the 2002-03 version of the cartoon) have turned up in my current campaign as a group of Yuan-ti commanders under the leadership of General Rattlor. The party duly killed Rattlor, Snake Face, Kobra Khan and Sssqueeze, but Tung Lashor escaped. They'll meet him again and the other snakeman they have yet to face, King Hsss.

Dungeons & Dragons - I had a Seer that the party consulted, talk to the party via a projected image of Dungeon Master, which my players had a good laugh at.

Andor

First Post
I've often wanted to put a dragon like Shooting Star from Lodoss wars into a game. Screw the 60' cone, that was a LOS breath weapon!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
StupidSmurf said:
I had a series of three rooms in a recent dungeon:

One was occupied by dire badgers
The next one had myconids
And the third one had a large poisonous snake
Been there. Except it was all wilderness encounters. And replace "snake" with "dark naga". We were level 3. :(

Demiurge out.

Tewligan

First Post
StupidSmurf said:
I had a series of three rooms in a recent dungeon:

One was occupied by dire badgers
The next one had myconids
And the third one had a large poisonous snake
Crap - I can't figure out what the reference is. If it's something obvious, I'm kicking myself.

Tewligan said:
Crap - I can't figure out what the reference is. If it's something obvious, I'm kicking myself.

Badger badger badger badger ...

Mushroom, mushroom ...

Snake! It's a snake!

Etc.

Google "Badger Badger Badger" if that doesn't do it for ya. :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BroccoliRage said:
Pirates of darkwater- duh, i took the darkwater idea...

Yep, this one is built into my homebrewed world. Case in point...

DARK WATER
Huge Ooze (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 10d10+60 (115 hp)
Initiative: -3 (Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 40 ft.
AC: 7 (-2 size, -3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 5, flat-footed 7
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+18
Attack: Slam +10 melee (2d6+4 plus 2d6 acid damage)
Full Attack: Slam +10 melee (2d6+4 plus 2d6 acid damage)
Face/Reach: 15 ft. / 15 ft.
Special Attacks: Acid, improved grab, constrict 2d6+4 and 2d6 acid
Special Qualities: Blindsight, split, ooze, scent, DR 5/coral, magic
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +0, Will -1
Abilities: Str 17 (+3), Dex 5 (-3), Con 21 (+5), Int - (+0), Wis 3 (-4), Cha 1 (-5)
Skills: Swim +11
Feats: None

Continent/Region: Any Island Realm in the Southern Hemisphere
Environment: Warm aquatic
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 11-15 HD (Huge); 16-30 HD (Gargantuan)

Dark water is a dangerous, dark-colored ooze that thrives in warm aquatic environments, especially out at sea. It is known for attacking aquatic creatures and passing ships, engulfing and dissolving them.

Dark water can mainly be found throughout the seas surrounding the Isles of Merria, although it isn’t restricted to that location. Most believe that this ooze originated from somewhere around this island chain and that there is huge dark water (30 HD) living deep below the island chain.

Even evil sea creatures such as kuo-toa fear dark water, as these oozes are hungry creatures that never stop consuming living creatures and objects. (Dark water can consume almost anything made out of wood or metal.)

Some believe that these oozes are the creation of Turaglas, the Ebon Maw, but there isn’t any proof of this. More likely they are the creation of the chaotic evil sea god known simply as The Underdweller.

Combat
Dark water attacks by first attempting to slam into its opponents, attempts to grapple and then constrict. Dark water has damage reduction against all weapons not made out of coral or against magic weapons.

Acid (Ex): Dark water secretes a digestive acid that dissolves organic material and metal quickly. Any melee hit deals acid damage. The dark water's acidic touch deals 50 points of damage per round to wood or metal objects. The opponent's armor and clothing dissolve and become useless immediately unless they succeed at Reflex saves (DC 19). The acid can dissolve stone, dealing 20 points of damage per round of contact. A metal or wooden weapon that strikes dark water also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds at a Reflex save (DC 19).

Constrict (Ex): Dark water deals automatic slam and acid damage with a successful grapple check. The opponent's clothing and armor suffer a -4 penalty to Reflex saves against the acid.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, dark water must hit with its slam attack. If it gets a hold, it can constrict.

Scent (Ex): Dark water can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Range is 30 ft. If upstream, the range increases to 60 ft.; if downstream, it drops to 15 ft.

Split (Ex): Weapons deal no damage to dark water. Instead the creature splits into two identical creatures, each with half the original's hit points (round down). Dark water with only 1 hit point cannot be further split.

Skills: Dark water has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
-----------------------------------------
I can post my version of Monkey Birds, if people like?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads