• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic Traveller is FREE on Drive Thru RPG

darjr

I crit!
Wow … the reviews on this are kind of all over the place …
I get the complaint about the price. Which is odd seeing that the pods are half that.

It’s a historical kinda thing. It’s like someone complaining about OD&D needing two different other games to be “complete”.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Classic Traveller is the best Traveller.

I really wish Marc Miller would release the original 1977 versions of the books and give a POD option. This version is from 1981 and makes quite a few changes. The original 1977 version is a lot more open and freeform toolkit. Still...fantastic game.

As opposed to newer editions? I've been circling around Traveller for a while, but I got some contradicting advices left and right about what edition to get.

The newest Mongoose edition was on my radar.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As opposed to newer editions? I've been circling around Traveller for a while, but I got some contradicting advices left and right about what edition to get.

The OG is very 70's, but material for any Traveller edition us fairly compatible. The Mongoose stuff has a ton of useful advice based on decades of people playing RPGs.

darjr

I crit!

My go to version is Mongoose Traveller.

Though my copy is a couple revisions old, however I’d get the latest revision before starting and new game and plan to use that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Actually, goijg through thisnfree document, this is a curious artifact: a 2001 compilation of the original 3 Starter Set books, with some editorial work and commentary.

Remove ads