• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Claudia Black joins Stargate SG-1 cast

reveal

Adventurer
:D

http://gateworld.net/news/2005/11/claudiablackjoinsisg-1icas.shtml

Claudia Black joins SG-1 cast
MONDAY - NOVEMBER 21, 2005

Claudia Black has sauntered her way into the hearts of many Stargate fans this year, playing the sexy thief Vala Mal Doran in eight episodes of SG-1's ninth season. Now Black is set to join the long-running series as a full-time cast member.

Black will join Ben Browder ("Cameron Mitchell"), Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter"), Christopher Judge ("Teal'c"), Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson"), and Beau Bridges ("Hank Landry") for the successful series' tenth season, premiering next summer on The SCI FI Channel.

The 33-year-old, Sydney-born actress is best known to sci-fi fans as Officer Aeryn Sun on SCI FI's late, lamented series Farscape. She has also appeared in such films and TV series as "Pitch Black," "Queen of the Damned," Hercules, and more. She made her first Stargate appearance in Season Eight, hijacking the Earth ship Prometheus and attempting to sell it to a pair of fellow thieves in "Prometheus Unbound."

Black appeared in the first six episodes of Season Nine, pinch-hitting for co-star Amanda Tapping during her maternity leave. Vala will return for the final two episodes of the season this March.

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Great news! Definitely thought Vala was a breath of fresh air to the series this season (kept me watching the show when the conflict with the Priors caused me to yawn and check my watch, waiting for BSG to start).

:)

Thanee

First Post
McGuyver Dean Anderson isn't in there anymore? :eek:

Ok, I havn't watched this since like the first season, so I guess I'm not entirely up to date. :)

Bye
Thanee

reveal

Adventurer
Thanee said:
McGuyver Dean Anderson isn't in there anymore? :eek:

Ok, I havn't watched this since like the first season, so I guess I'm not entirely up to date. :)

Bye
Thanee

He's wanted time off, so last season he was in it for 2 episodes just to get the new people in place and hand over the reins of SG-1. He's still on in an Executive Producer capacity. He'll probably be in as a guest star at some point.

Prince Atom

Explorer
I think he must have done something to get the U.S. Government mad at him. After all, he went to guest star status because he wanted to spend more time with his family....

Anyway, I didn't know Amanda Tapping was off on maternity leave! SkwOOt to her!

TWK

DMH

First Post
Ug. I liked her so much better as Aryn, Vala and Daniel's interaction was so stupid. Maybe this will be the last season I will be watch anything SG related.

Remove ads