• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Claw, Claw, Bite, Karate Chop?

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Caeleddin said:
Hyp - Then perhaps you should tell him to stop using my name in vain. What did you expect? That I will sit here and do nothing while he takes swipes at me? Not going to happen. Sorry.

Actually, that is exactly what is going to happen. Moderating at this message board has been traditionally very light--primarily because a culture has been established and the people that come here like the civility. When the civility is broken, expect one of the moderators to come in and ask people politely to put a stop to it. That doesn't mean it's a request. That doesn't mean to continue to protest inside the thread. If there is an issue, send an e-mail to the moderator involved and ask for some guidance. If you are unwilling to abide by those rules, you're either going to have an unpleasant time here, or eventually be asked to not come back.

To use an analogy, the police have just come to your house because you and your neighbor are having a public dispute and asked you to stop. You tell the policeman that you're not going to stop because your neighbor deserves the harrassment. What does the policeman do?

Squid Bait

First Post
As the original poster of this thread, I would like to thank everyone involved for their help and opinions, especially Dinkeldog for ending it. I may actually be more confused about the topic after reading the last couple pages of info, but I've come to the conclusion that my group will just have to sit down and house rule this one.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Squid Bait said:
As the original poster of this thread, I would like to thank everyone involved for their help and opinions, especially Dinkeldog for ending it. I may actually be more confused about the topic after reading the last couple pages of info, but I've come to the conclusion that my group will just have to sit down and house rule this one.
Might I throw in the suggestion that you let the guy get his full flurry followed by his natural attacks at a further -5? Otherwise the monk seems to get the short end of the stick when compared with other fighting classes using natural weapons...

BalazarIago

First Post
I was the poor bastard that brought up the Natural Weapons + Monk idea. It has been three weeks and my head still hurts.

So, I have made some conclusions regarding what I will do in my game, based on a lot of input here, and based on what I think is common sense.

For a normal attack, the monk gets his regular attack, then his natural attacks at -5. For a full attack, the monk gets his regular attacks, then his natural attacks at -5.

If he decides to use Flurry. His regular attack because a flurry attack, with a -2 penalty and restrictions on what weapons can be used. Then he can do his natural attacks at -7.

Only if the Monk is using two Monk Weapons would TWF become an issue.

BalazarIago said:
For a normal attack, the monk gets his regular attack, then his natural attacks at -5. For a full attack, the monk gets his regular attacks, then his natural attacks at -5.

The first one isn't really an option - you can't get more than one attack per round without using the Full Attack action.

Unless you *really* want it that way ...

In which case, any TWFers in your campaign may start asking why *they*, too, can't get two attacks with a standard action.

Remove ads