• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Clay Golem HP Drain

Boarstorm

First Post
So, the Clay Golem's hit point drain on its slam attacks doesn't come back with a rest like other hit point drain abilities we've seen, requiring a restoration or such.

How does the EN World community feel about this?

jadrax

Adventurer
So, the Clay Golem's hit point drain on its slam attacks doesn't come back with a rest like other hit point drain abilities we've seen, requiring a restoration or such.

How does the EN World community feel about this?

/Shrug.

Supposedly the ability originally came about due to a typo anyway, it was supposed to be that Clay Golems could only be healed by High Level Clerics, but it got misinterpreted that you needed a High Level Cleric to heal the damage they had done. Which is way the ability never really made any sense in setting.

But you know, it's tradition now.

jadrax

Adventurer
I am more irritated by the fact they kept its haste Ability as taking up an Action, so it actually ends up with less attacks when it uses it...

MightyZehir

Explorer
I am more irritated by the fact they kept its haste Ability as taking up an Action, so it actually ends up with less attacks when it uses it...

Well, since the effect last until the end of its next turn,it is still useful. The number of attacks balanced out over 2 turns. Without haste, you can use 2 multiattack action (4slams). With it, you get slam on the turn you use haste and 3 slam(multiattack and bonus slam) on the next turn. Plus you get AC and dex bonus. It gets even better if you can't reach the PCs during the first turn.

jadrax

Adventurer
Well, since the effect last until the end of its next turn,it is still useful. The number of attacks balanced out over 2 turns. Without haste, you can use 2 multiattack action (4slams). With it, you get slam on the turn you use haste and 3 slam (multiattack and bonus slam) on the next turn. Plus you get AC and dex bonus. It gets even better if you can't reach the PCs during the first turn.

True. Of course it gets even worse if the players kill you before you get your next turn.

But tbh, regardless of efficiency, it just feels wrong.

Primal

First Post
Oh my... that damage immunity is brutal. I guess it means that PCs will be dragging those golf bags again... *sigh*. :hmm:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads