• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric Domains? set in stone? I want them all!

LordMonty

First Post
I'm creating a Drow Cleric/Rogue and i'm thinking which domains to take. I'm going for Eye of Lolth so the logical domains for her would be Drow, Trickery and Darkness, correct me if i'm wrong :) But ontop of that i wouldn't mind Celerity or Travel so is there any feats that i've missed or maybe 1 level of a prestidge that'll give either of these???

P.S Tell me if i'm totally wrong/mad with anything here... I am unsure of my exact build as of yet, as seen in my other post.

LordMonty

First Post
Contemplative

Thank you very much 1 level of that later on may well be a good boost when I get upto level 10 ofc shame about the skill points but the immunity to diseases makes up for it :) Its a book I never bought as I have never have real played cleric over the years... PDF download all the way, guess i'll have to find it second hand now (hate not owning the books).

So no feat to just get one then i'm guessing?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Complete Champion also has a level 2 spell that lasts day/CL. It lets you swap out one of your domains for another your deity offers. As in, a complete swap. Trade the domain powers and domain spells available.

Last edited:

Persiflage

First Post
If you're playing Eberron, or if you have a DM who can be persuaded to allow classes to be ported from one campaign setting to another, you want to look at the Sovereign Speaker PrC. You will find the most comprehensive guide ever written for getting lots of domains and abusing the hell out of them (by means of this PrC and by other routes) HERE.

General domain use stuff.... The Domain Spontaneity feat (Complete Divine) will get you more goodness from one of your domains by allowing you to blow turn attempts to spontaneously cast domain spells from that domain. The Spontaneous Domain Casting ACF (PHBII) lets you effectively swap out your ability to spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells in order to be able to do the same with a domain you have access to.

The Spontaneous Domains feat (Complete Champion - and how I wish these things had less similar names; I can never keep them straight!) is probably my favourite, as it allows you to leave your domain slots open and then spontaneously cast any domain spell you know using those slots. You still only get one slot per level per day, but hey.

Hope you find something useful :D

LordMonty

First Post
Thanks that is all alot of food for thought, will have to consider and think it all over :) a lot to crowbar into my toon...

3 Rogue, 3 Cloistered Cleric, 10 Eye of lolth, maybe 3 swashbuckler, 1 Contemplative and 1 Seeker of the Misty Isle(if the GM is ok with all of that).

LordMonty

First Post
Secondary question: Can i be chaotic Neutral as a worshiper of Lolth... pretty sure i can but just a nagging worry as i've always steered away from chaotic evil as if i ever went there i'd kinda go with this view...

8031-chaotic-evil.jpg

Jack Simth

First Post
I'm creating a Drow Cleric/Rogue and i'm thinking which domains to take. I'm going for Eye of Lolth so the logical domains for her would be Drow, Trickery and Darkness, correct me if i'm wrong :) But ontop of that i wouldn't mind Celerity or Travel so is there any feats that i've missed or maybe 1 level of a prestidge that'll give either of these???

P.S Tell me if i'm totally wrong/mad with anything here... I am unsure of my exact build as of yet, as seen in my other post.
You can also likely get into Seeker of the Misty Isle without too much trouble, although the Survival skill requirement might be anoyying - as a Drow, you're an Elf, you gain the Travel domain on the 1st level, and it doesn't lose any spellcasting until PrC level 5, so it makes a great 1-level dip, if you're an elf anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads