• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric/Rogue Build?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
I am playing in a Age of Worms campaign and I am running a human Rogue/Cleric follower of Olidammara.

After planning out my characters advancement I have gotten stuck at what to take at 16th level and beyond to 20th level.

Here is my plan.
1st level Rogue
2nd level Cleric
3rd level Rogue
4th level Cleric
5th level Rogue
6th to 15th levels Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Adventurer)

I have worked it out with my GM to change the Shadowbane Stalker Prestige Class to a Olidammara worshipping Robin Hood type Prc. Just the background and one requirement (Chaotic instead of Lawful alignment) has been changed.

I don't know what to take after 15. I want progression in my Sneak Attack and in my Clerical magic.

Any suggestions.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Perhaps Arcane Trickster from Races of Stone?

What is your goal with the next levels? Is it to continue spellcaster progression, rogue-like abilities, both, or something else?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Mistwell said:
Perhaps Arcane Trickster from Races of Stone?

What is your goal with the next levels? Is it to continue spellcaster progression, rogue-like abilities, both, or something else?

What does a Arcane Trickster do? (Edit: After a google search, I think you ment Divine Prankster.)

I would like something that gave both sneak attack and spellcaster progression. But with 5 levels to work with I don't know if there is something better than just getting a mixture of rogue and cleric levels or just going all cleric or rogue?

Last edited:

Mistwell

Yellow Sign said:
What does a Arcane Trickster do? (Edit: After a google search, I think you ment Divine Prankster.)

I would like something that gave both sneak attack and spellcaster progression. But with 5 levels to work with I don't know if there is something better than just getting a mixture of rogue and cleric levels or just going all cleric or rogue?

Sorry yes, meant Divine Prankster. They have full caster progression, bardic abilities, illusion abilities, and the ability to disguise his somatic and verbal componants. Perhaps not what you are looking for.

Strifeleader from Faiths and Pantheons has divine spellcasting progression and sneak attack, but it isn't FULL spellcasting progression. In the first five levels they get four levels of spellcasting progression, dominating aura, poison use, +2 bonus to bluff and intimidate, sneak attack, and a number of good wizard/sorceror illusion spells added to their divine list.

I'll look around for a few more.

Mistwell

Luckstealer from Races of the Wild would be good for a halfling Cleric/Rogue. Almost full spell progression and some luck abilities that are rogue-oriented.

Mistwell

Scar Enforcer from Races of Destiny has 1/2 spellcaster progression, sneak attack progression, favored enemies (human and elf), smiting, and a disguise ability.

Mistwell

This thread:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57321<br />

has details on how to make a rogue/cleric into an arcane trickster. rogue1/cleric4/darkmask5/ND1/trickster9
18th casting
needs magical training(FRCS) to cast mage hand

not bad, 18th cleric casting and 6d6 sneak-damage with a complete skill-progression.
a good thing would be the knowledge-domain, otherwise you wont have access to knowledge(religion) and epic spellcasting.

Dark Mask is a drow and half-drow 5 level prestige class from "Lord of Darkness" pg. 33. Spellcasting progression in existing class, a few cool abilities.

"...a darkmask is a divine spellcaster skilled in the arts of hiding sneaking and stealing."

ND = Nar Demonbinder from "Unapproachable East", pg. 25. 7 level prestige class, "Master of the black art of demon summoning and binding."

Also mentions the Black Flame Zealot:

If you don't want to be a drow of half-drow, and care more about skills then casterlvl's, you could try the "divine assasin", the black flame zealot(bfz):

rogue 1/cleric 3/rogue 1/bfz 10/ND 1/AT 4

This also gives you full skill-progression, 6d6 SA and a "lowly" clvl 12. But you also get a death attack DC 20+int mod, immunity to fear, dimension door 1/day, 1 flaming weapon and that weapon also being flaming burst 1 min/day and you immolate someone you kill with your death attack or with your sneak attack.

N.B. you also need the magical training with this build and you need Kossuth as patron.

N.B. 2 you can sacrifice the ND and AT lvl's for 5 lvl's of assasin, then you'll loose 4 clvl's, but gain some assasin spells, 1 SA die and up your death attack DC to 25+int.

N.B. 3 it seems the best way to be a divine trickster if you don't want to be a drow/half-drow or an assasin would be: clr 7/rog 1/GT 1/ND 1/AT 10

And the DarkMask:

Ninja1 / Rog1 / Cleric3 / DarkMask5 / MasterofShrouds9 / Hierophant1
8th Level Spells, BAB +15, +3d6 SA, Hierophant Divine Reach Ability for Inflict Wound Spells with SA As a variant, swap out 5 levels of MoS for 4 of Divine Oracle to get Evasion, UncDodge progression, divinatory stealth spell bonuses. All nice.

And Spellfilch from Dragonlance Campaign Setting:

Cleric 8/Rogue 3/Spellfilch 9 or Cleric 7/Rogue 4/Spellfilch 9

Spellfilch is in Age of Mortals (DLCS Companion), only one drawback, half caster progression (for either Arcane OR Divine)

Progression: Cleric 6/Rogue 3/Spellfilch 9/Cleric 7 and 8 (Cleric Caster 13) or Cleric 3/Rogue 4/Spellfilch 9/Cleric 4-7 (Cleric Caster 12)

Use Nar Demonbinder is tacky, but I guess it works... But it isn't much of a Trickster because the Arcane Trickster was written to add Arcane Spell Levels (I swear they left out arcane from the table for space issues)

And Cave Stalker:

Enter the Dwarf ....

Cleric4 / Ninja3 / CaveStalker5 / NarDemonbinder1 / ArcaneTrickster6 / MasterofShrouds1

** Cave Stalker is a PrC from Dragon Magazine #292 **

* BAB +13
* 7th Level Cleric (13 Levels) & 4th Level NarD Spells
* +7d6 SA
* Travel & Trickery Domains
* CS Goodies = +2 to Stonecunning Checks, Meld Into Stone WIS Mod. +1 / Day, +20' Darkvision, Hide/Survival/Spot as class skills.

Cave Stalker was originally made to accomodate a Dwarf Ranger/Rogue build, but serves well in a DT build as well. In fact, this build also gives you 9 levels of the Survival skill as a class skill (Track is a CS pre-req. feat), so you can act also as the party Tracker as well.

It's not a power-build, but it has a nice compromise of BAB, SA dice, & spellcasting prowess to make it a decent party ombudsman.

And the Suel Archanamach:

Whisper Gnome (Cha 10+ to get Mage Hand as SLA) Chaotic [whatever] alignment
Cleric 4/Rogue 4/Suel Archanamach 4/Arcane Trickster 8
7d6 SA

Using frac bonus' from UA will change how the Suel Archanamach progression works.

XCorvis

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
I am playing in a Age of Worms campaign and I am running a human Rogue/Cleric follower of Olidammara...

Perhaps a Temple Raider of Olidammara, modified to get +1/level spellcasting progression? Might have to tweak it a bit...

DreamSeeker

First Post
why not the "divine trickster" from the order of the stick site?
in their site there´s a full version of the arcane trickester but for a cleric and with very nice special abilities... it sounds nice

Yellow Sign

Explorer
DreamSeeker said:
why not the "divine trickster" from the order of the stick site?
in their site there´s a full version of the arcane trickester but for a cleric and with very nice special abilities... it sounds nice

I would have to have to talk my GM into it since he is only allowing core plus complete books. :\

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads