• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric With A Wisdom of 8 . . .

Rystil Arden

First Post
helium3 said:
Yeah, but then it's not as funny. :) I did it on purpose. If the point buy method in the PHB had allowed me to lower the score further I would have dropped wisdom all the way to 3.

Near as I can tell, the cleric is the only class that let's you do this. Other classes have attack powers based on two different stats (Paladin, Ranger and Warlock) but the Cleric is the only one that let's you do it in a way that breaks the normal conventions of earlier editions.
I would posit that the Paladin with Str (and if you like Wis) 8 and maxed-out Cha breaks the convention reasonably well. And you can definitely do that.

Eldorian

First Post
helium3 said:
Near as I can tell, the cleric is the only class that let's you do this. Other classes have attack powers based on two different stats (Paladin, Ranger and Warlock) but the Cleric is the only one that let's you do it in a way that breaks the normal conventions of earlier editions.

Think you can do a 8 str paladin. And I think he's better than the 8 wis cleric. But still funny.

Edit: too bad the armor will be mega heavy heh.

Oompa

First Post
Well having 8 str is still an normal load till 80 lb.. so you can wear 50 pound armor, 10 pound weapon and 20 pound of still without any problem...

Destil

Explorer
The Cha paladin can dump Str without too much trouble. They still like Wis (much like your cleric still likes Cha), but you can do it without shooting yourself in the foot.

Blacksmithking

First Post
The Cha paladin can dump Str without too much trouble. They still like Wis (much like your cleric still likes Cha), but you can do it without shooting yourself in the foot.

A paladin that dumps Str will have a terrible time making a basic attack. Well, at least until someone writes up a feat to fix it.

A cleric that dumps Str, a "laser cleric," is also viable in 4e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads