• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clerical spells and sneak attacks

Queranil

First Post
I'm currently playing a halfling scoundrel rogue2/cleric3 (going shadowbane stalker variant). I recentrly read that spells that require an attack roll can also deal sneak damage. So I'm looking for clerical spells that require an attack roll, preferably ranged because my melee sneak attack damage is a d6 less than the usual (halfling substitution level).

So far I found the good old Searing Light. There is the Nimbus of Light and Light of ... spells; but as a rogue, she doesn't like to be surrounded by lots of light centered on her! Any suggestions?

Dross

Explorer
Another option would be to take the Metamagic feat Reach Spell which makes touch spells a ray of 30' range but is a +2 level adjustment. (which means inflict minor wounds at this stage :()

I assume your 2 domains don't provide anything appropriate?

Not a direct spell but Magic Weapon, Magic Stone

Spell compendium
Blood wind: unarmed attacks though

At this level not really much there.

Again iffy at this level but maybe Use Magical Device and mage spells in wands/scrolls would be useful.

Andras

Explorer
When you get SA in melee, don't overlook Girallon's Blessing, which will give you 4 clawed hands, plus rend if you hit with 2 of them. That's 4 attacks with sneak damage to each at full bonus.

Kyros Pyralis

First Post
Darkfire
Level 3
for 1 round/level you can make a ranged touch attack that deals 1d6/2CL as a standard action. It doesn't emit light, but creatures with darkvision can see it as a normal fire. It's like mini eldritch blast.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads