• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric's Divine Fortune, can I use it after the attack roll?

Stalker0

Legend
The cleric's divine fortune is a free action that grants +1 to an attack roll. As a free action, can I use it after I roll the die? Can I use it after I hear about the attack result?

Kordeth

First Post
No; it's a bonus to your next attack roll. If you've already made an attack roll before activating the power, that's not your next attack roll.

baberg

First Post
No.

You gain a +1 bonus to your next attack roll or saving throw before the end of your next turn.

Emphasis mine. I don't see how this could possibly be disputed (then again, this is ENWorld...)

EDIT: Ninja'd. Twice. :(

Last edited:

Ganadai

First Post
It seems strange to me that RPGA reward cards are better than Divine Fortune which is an encounter power.

Despite the wording, I allow my players to use it after the roll, because otherwise it would be an encounter power that had a 5% chance of being useful. That means 1 in 20 encounters it will make the difference on whether you hit or not. That's equivelint to about one extra sucessful attack every five adventures. That seems a bit worthless to me compared to every other encounter power.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads