• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clocktower adventures?

proto128

First Post
My roommate is playing Tales of Vesperia on the 360 and (very minor spoilers) he's currently making his way through a clock tower dungeon, having to activate giant gears to progress upward. It's an evocative set piece that's been around for quite some time, and I was wondering if there have been any published adventures, past or present, that involve clock towers and the delving thereof.

Dannager

First Post
The Skinsaw Murders, chapter 2 of the Rise of the Runelords adventure path, by Paizo, contains a climactic encounter at the top of a decrepit clocktower. The party has to fight their way up a dangerously unstable staircase and contend with a number of monsters and an enormous bronze bell they've rigged to come crashing down on the PCs as they ascend.

You can purchase the original D&D 3.5 adventure on Paizo's website.

You can find my 4th Edition total conversion of The Skinsaw murders at Tales from the Rusty Dragon.

There is a famous and abandoned Clock Tower in Ptolus, from Malhavoc Press. Coincidentally (or perhaps not), he and Soren Thustrup wrote an adventure for Goodman Games called Vault of the Iron Overlord. While it's not a clock tower, the entire dungeon within rotates. Very cool stuff. I myself wrote an adventure that features an unseen tower that could easily become a clock tower in Tales of Zobeck, and more to the point Nicholas Logue's Clockwork Winery appears in the final portion of his excellent adventure Blood of the Gorgon.

beeflv30

First Post
I remember an Eberron adventure in an issue of Dungeon, cannot remember the issue number, I do believe the final battle in the adventure takes place inside a clock tower.

hagor

First Post
I remember an Eberron adventure in an issue of Dungeon, cannot remember the issue number, I do believe the final battle in the adventure takes place inside a clock tower.

and if I remember correctly, this would refer to "Chimes of Midnight" in issue 133.

Hagor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads