Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Badger

First Post
Lartis

"Sadly Aery, that is exactly what happened. It seems that your words earlier were a prophesy for what was to come. I give thanks to Orma it was only the man's bladder I had to face."

Smiling at the joke he hoped Aery would catch, Lartis headed towards the back of the pub to wash the offensive odor away as best he could.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah sits uncomfortably in her chair, taking a bite or a sip every once in a while. She glances around the room often. When she notices Aery's look, she blushes a little, ducks her head in greeting, and then turns back to her food. "I wonder when they'll get here!" she whispers to Mouse, who just gives Miriah an inscrutable look and daintily eats her dinner.

loxmyth

First Post
~ The Hatted Badger

The pub was unusually quiet, even with it being only a little past noon. None of the regular performers had arrived yet, and the place was almost empty except for Aery, Lartis, Miriah and three other elderly patrons who sat at a table near the entrance, drinking ale and playing a game of cards.

Hob greeted Miriah with an awkward bow. "Good afternoon, young lady, and welcome to the Hatted Badger. I'm Hob, the owner. What can I get you? Stew and wine, right away!" He disappeared into the back, returning quickly with a large wooden bowl filled with mouth-watering stew and setting it before her.

Yara the barmaid seemed in an especially good mood today, quickly bringing the elf and wizard a flagon from the Badger's small cache of wines. She even seems to have grown bolder with regards to Lartis, staring up straight into his eyes when she requests his order. "And what'll ye be havin' today, sir? A glass o'wine like yer friend here, or some stronger stuff?"

Froud and Forge show up at that moment on the heels of one another, and are surprised to find the pub so empty.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge strides head held high into the Hatted Badger and as soon as no one "chears the heros" he looks crest fallen. He walks over to the other students and says So... Why so empty? We were expecting people to buy us dri... I mean we were expecting more people at this hour.

Gears flies in a moment after his bond and rests on the back of a chair. Hoot!

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud stumps in after Forge, still wearing some of today's grease, his finger swollen from an accident with a gearing mechanism.
Looking within and seeing the light crowd, Forge's eyes light up at the sight of Yara, his partner-in-crime (OK, so Forge is his partner-in-crime, but one could have a veritable consortium-of-partners-in-crime, couldn't one? ). Besides, Yara had much better legs than the stumpy Dwarf. Ducking as the owl flew by, the Gnome enters and finds his usual table empty. Sitting down in his chair, Froud gives Yara a conspiritorial wink and a nod, knowing that she would bring what he ordered every day, Cider and apple pie...'Waitaminute...ADVENTURERS can't just have the same day-in and day-out! Yara, make my cider and apple pie...um, cider and peach pie!' Smug with himself for his drastic change of diet, Froud pulled out a sketchbook and began going over the schematics for a new gear-powered drill that he had been working on.

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
Lartis - More company

{Lartis}

Washing quickly with a heavy lye bar, Lartis hopes that the heavy odor of the soap will offset the other more offensive smell. After giving it his best effort, he began making his way through the nearly empty pub towards Aery and their table.

Arriving at the same time as Yara, Lartis was surprised that she locked eyes with him after setting down Aery's stew and wine. It had taken nearly three months before she stopped taking an involuntary step away from him when they passed in the pub, and this latest act gave Lartis hope that in time all predjudices could be overcame.

[Yara]

"And what'll ye be havin' today, sir? A glass o'wine like yer friend here, or some stronger stuff?"

{Lartis}

Thinking on it for a moment, he decided to allow caution to take a back booth for once, and smiled as he answered.

"Surprise me good Yara, it has been too long since I allowed someone that luxury."

As she walked towards a dwarf and his gnomish companion, he hoped his answer did not offend her, and looking over to Aery, who was still trying to make eye contact with a pretty lass a few tables away, Lartis asked quickly.

"Why do those two over there seem familiar to me? Have we shared any of their classes?"

bruin

First Post
Aery's attention shifts to Forge and Froud. "I've seen the gnome around parts of the shop area, or maybe buying parts, I'm not sure. But if the tales I heard were true, it was a gnome and a dwarf, two students, who helped catch the murderer last night. If it is them, maybe they'll tell us what happened...What a tale that must be!"

Not to mention that there'll be a lot of crowds around town very interested in hearing that tale right about now, and willing to toss a good coin or two in appreciation... All it needs is a good bard to tell it.. Aery rises from his seat and walks over to Froud and Forge. "Excuse me sirs, but are you two the adventurers who managed to capture the ruffian last evening?"

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
Lartis

As Aery answers vaguely and stands, Lartis wonders what his friend is up to.

~Here we go again...~

Walking behind the elf, Lartis awaits the answer from the two new patrons of the bar.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge puffs up visably. Why yes that would be us. and the Gnome had very little to do with it. It was me and Gears who found the brigand. Forge points to the owl hiding his face in shame. Let me tell you the story of Forge and the Dark killer. He says and sits down and begins telling the story. Gears just shakes his head in shame and flies up to the rafters.

Remove ads