• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

-closed-d20 Modern/Urban Arcana(New Orleans Dept.7)

Jade Solstar

First Post
Hello All ! STILL OPEN
I've been a DM for my friends at home for over 8 years and Ive just recently started playing PbP games and I have to say---I am addicted to it(& EnWorld) as well...lol I'm having alot of fun with it and thus I am wanting to run a D20 Modern/Urban Arcana Campaign.

It would be based in the United States, in the city of New Orleans. You will be agents of Department 7, an organization that is working to help keep the forces of shadow under wraps from the public eye and to ensure that the world survives another day without mass mayhem. Your characters will be all "living" together in a large custom home built by Dept.7 for your base of operations.
I will be allowing humans and "magical races" as well...just run the race and class you are interested in by me first though.
I am using the basis that people on average are unaware of the shadow encroaching upon reality and they have no clue that mythical creatures are among them or much less that they themselves could have a touch of shadow from their ancestry...

Well thats a quick synopsis of things and I will follow with another post about character creation. I am looking for 4-6 players for the campaign for a balanced but diverse group. So use your imaginations and lets see where we can go.

let me know if you are interested and we will go from there...
dave

Last edited:

Jade Solstar

First Post
Character Creation Information

Point-Buy 33 Points

All stats start at base of 8

9/1 pt
10/2 pts
11/3 pts
12/4 pts
13/5 pts
14/6 pts
15/8 pts
16/10 pts
17/13 pts
18/16 pts

All Characters will start with the following background bonuses:
1 Bonus Feat
4 Bonus Skill Points

Wealth Information:
I am going to use a method that we use at home for our game that works well for us.
It basically follows the book except when it calls for you to lose 1d6 points instead you lose 2 points and when it calls for you to lose 2d6 points you lose 5 points.
So basically if you purchase something under a DC15 and its under your Wealth Rating then you lose no wealth points.
If you purchase something over your wealth rating you always lose at least 1 point. If anyone has questions about this please ask.

CAMPAIGN GUIDELINES

1)When a roll is called for I will TRUST each person to make it and then post the appropriate results. Please use real dice so that we get a true dice roll. If you cannot roll your own dice just let me know and I will do it for you.

2)When posting please use following methods
"BOLT TEXT" when speaking aloud in character
>ITALIC TEXT< when thinking with your character
[OOC-] when taking actions or for any other reasons

4)As the game progresses I would like each person to keep their character in the Rogue's Gallery updated so that I have access to your charcaters current information at any time.

5)If someone is going to be unable to post for an extended period please let us all know.

6)Lets all have fun and remember if you ever have a question just ask or send me an email or look for me on aol...all the info is on my profile here.

I think that does it for what you'll need to know about basic character creation. If you have questions or an idea please let me know. I am looking forward to a fun and eventful game.
dave

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I would be very interested in this. :) Will you be doing the dice rolls? I only ask as I post allot at work and I don't think "Uncle Sam" would be to happy with me breaking out a d20... ;)

I'm interested in running a Bugbear for sure, but I'm at work so I will have to look over my I would be very interested in this. :) Will you be doing the dice rolls? I only ask as I post allot at work and I don't think "Uncle Sam" would be to happy with me breaking out a d20... :rolleyes:

I'm interested in running a Bugbear if that is okay with you... I will have to look at classes again, as I don't remember all of the new ones in Urban Arcana. Obviously I would be at least some of the muscle. :cool:

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Argent said:
I know! I'll play an insane bugbear. Oh wait... already have one. LOL
I can’t stand by the actions of my previous post as I was obviously whacked out on lack of sleep and a bored mind! :lol: I just got home from work and thought I would start working on my character as I wait for sleep to come... Well I was mighty shocked when I opened up Urban Arcana book and saw how powerful the Bugbear was. :eek: I've had a fascination with playing a bugbear for some time now and just haven't had the chance too do it.

Jade I obviously will have no issue playing something more mundane than a bugbear... :)

I am curious though as your above rules stated nothing about level. So have you decided yet how "magical" are characters can get yet? Also I just want to verify that we don't chose a starting occupation and that what the this is:
1 Bonus Feat
4 Bonus Skill Points

Jade Solstar

First Post
Character Races

I am allowing any of the races that do not require a level adjustment, so I am sorry bugbears are out. But you could play a goblin or orc and still fit in quiet well. I am starting the campaign at 1st level which is why I really cannot include any races that require level adjustments...

The backgrounf feat and skill points are in addittion to what every character can choose normally. I am allowing pretty much anything from the D20 Modern & Urban Arcana books as far as feats, starting occupations, feats, etc... As I stated earlier just let me know what your planning on taking so I have a heads up...

The game will be centered upon your characters stopping the bad guys but it will not be all about good versus evil either. Sometimes the bad guys may not be so bad but still have to be stopped and at other times they may be downright evil...mwahahhahaha u-hum ok back to it then...lol

Also I have decided to base the campaign out of New Orleans!

Well I hope that clears things up for anyone who had a question.
dave

Jade Solstar

First Post
I've included all relevant information like dice rolling, posting, etc... under the character creation information post a little earlier.

dave

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hey Jade. I'm without D20 modern and Urban Arcana. If I send you my character concept and a framework of his stats and skills can you complete him for me?
I have the SRD for Modern but it's fairly vague on magic.
I want to play the group Alchemist. I'll leave the spells up to the others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads