CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

hewligan

First Post
Rhun said:
Danth turns his attention back to the Mayor and Sheriff Hemlock. "I would like to better equip myself before assaulting the goblin stronghold, though. Is there a place in town where we can secure better weapons and armor?"

Hemlock glances at the mayor, as if seeking some for of agreement. She shrugs, nods, seems unconcerned.
Lad, if you need armour, we will GIVE you armour. If you need weapons, just ask. We don't have anything ... exotic, but we have most things here in the garrison.

What exactly were you thinking off? We have chainmail, splint mail, breastplates, heck, we could possibly put together some half plate ... although it would delay things a day or two to get them fitted to you. Weapons wise - you can get as much ammo for your bows, slings, crossbows, as you desire. We have swords of most types, daggers, clubs, morningstars, and so on. You get the idea, lad. If you are just looking for simple kit, then follow me and I will get you sort.

If, however, you are looking for arcane stuff ... Sandpoint isn't really the place."

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Treasure recap: If you cannot recall what you have picked up in the Catacombs, let me know and I will repost the items (with assumption that you have had sufficient down-time for anything remotely magical to be identified by now).

Also, once you have let me know how you want to kit up, I will post the big "leaving town" update, and let you get on to the final act in the Burnt Offerings adventure.

frostrune

First Post
At Hemlock's offer of equipment Jokad looks to danth for permission before blurting, "I could use some steel armor, a breastplate if you have one to fit me."

"We're also gonna need a lot of torches or sunrods. I'm guessing we're going to be underground most of the time."

Rhun

First Post
Danth nods his thanks to the mayor and the sheriff. "A breastplate should serve fine, for now. As appealing as the half-plate sounds, I do not think we should delay much longer in taking the attack to the goblins."

I certainly wasn't keeping track of treasure. I think Fenris might have been?

Fenris

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I certainly wasn't keeping track of treasure. I think Fenris might have been?

OOC: yeah, yeah I was. Lessee now, I think it came to 45,987 gp all told last I checked.

:p Alright no. I haven't kept track either. I may have some time to dig through and see what we got this weekend.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

I'll compile a treasure list and post it later tonight, I just finished my last block of courses (maintaining a 3.6 is a slight pain, but it's my own limit, no one elses) and I did okay (As and Bs).

Anyhow, the next block is starting up, now, so no stress for a few more weeks. ;)

Work, eh...it's work. :p

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Anyone that wants breastplate armour can have it, but it will be made clear in the handing over that this is a loan (by taking it you are in effect meaning that if the attack does come, a few guards will be slightly less well armoured), and it is hoped that you will return it when you all come back victorious. You are planning on coming back victorious, right?

Boot and suit up as required. You can buy any standard item in Sandpoint that costs less than 50gp, but above that you are doing to need to run the item past me first.

Lets get the treasure thing sorted. If Friadoc doesn't post a list by tomorrow morning I will go and investigate what you collected and let you guys know.

I want to get you shipped up and moved out of town on Sunday, so expect a big sending off post then.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

What follows is the treasure list for the Heroes of Sandpoint, as complete as I can make it.

Also, it is now a file on my system, as well as a post, so I'll add to it as we continue from here on out. :D

[sblock=List]
24g 30s 8cp

Pack Horse for Kael (gift from Aldern)

Masterwork Theive's Tools (Jovik snagged them)

Fire Agate Ring -
Blue Marble Ring -
Gold Band -

6 Pouches of Gold Dust
8 pouches of silver dust

Dagger (Jovik snagged, worth 10gp)

Cloak of the Guard (Midblue, trimmed in white), for each person, which was accompanied with a pouch of 30 GP for each, as well.

Scroll - Cure Light Wounds (1d8+2)

Magic Sword - +1

Silver Dagger -

Masterwork Handaxe -

Old Book - Unknown contents

Bottle of Wine

Wand of Shocking Grasp (Kael snagged) - Unknown

Charges

+1 Dagger of Returning (Jovik snagged)

Tiara - Unknown worth. maybe 30-60 gp

3 ancient gold coins, unknown worth

Unholy symbol of Lamashtu

Cure Light wounds potion (issued Jokad)

Cure Light wounds potion (issued Jovik)
[/sblock]

So, I think we've some appraisals needed and, also, identifies, if needed. :)

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Friadoc - thanks for making the list. I have updated it with appraisal and identify information, have added a few items I or you forgot, and have debited a little coin to take account of the cost of getting this work done (albeit at a discount since you are heroes):

[sblock=List]
24g 30s 8cp
10 platinum pieces (on the corpse of Tsuto)

Pack Horse for Kael (gift from Aldern)

Masterwork Thieves' Tools (Jovik snagged them)

Fire Agate Ring - 20gp value
Blue Marble Ring - 8gp value
Gold Band - magic detected, will cost 100gp to get it identified (just the pure cost of the material components, the local sage is willing to cast it for free except for the cost of the pearl that the spell will consume)

6 Pouches of Gold Dust (worth 50gp EACH, so 300gp in total)
8 pouches of silver dust (worth 5gp each, so 40gp in total)

Dagger (Jovik snagged, worth 10gp)

Cloak of the Guard (Midblue, trimmed in white), for each person, which was accompanied with a pouch of 30 GP for each, as well.

Scroll - Cure Light Wounds (1d8+2): Mandraiv had this, but will pass it on to Danth for the next section of the adventure.

Scroll - Burning Hands (CL 3rd) - I forgot to mention it but was levitating in the room with the wine, etc.

LongSword - +1 (taken by Jokad)

Silver Dagger - non-magical, but useful against creatures resistant to normal weapons (hint)

Masterwork Handaxe - unclaimed

Old Book - Written in abyssal, you have it deciphered in parts by an old sage who runs a sort of shop/museum. He says it is worth about 100gp in a place like Magnimar. He offers you 80gp for it, saying he literally cannot afford any more. Your call whether you sell it.

Bottle of Wine - just nice wine, to be honest. Something to enjoy together later.

Wand of Shocking Grasp (Kael snagged) - 23 remaining charges

+1 Dagger of Returning (Jovik snagged)

Miniature Tiara - worth 50gp in a place like Magnimar

3 ancient gold coins, appraised as worth about 5gp each (simply for the heavy gold content)

Unholy symbol of Lamashtu - worth 10gp and can be sold locally if required.

Cure Light wounds potion (issued Jokad)

Cure Light wounds potion (issued Jovik)
[/sblock]

Please read the expanded block and let me know who wants to claim what, and also if you want to spend the 100gp to identify the gold band (you can use the gold dust to pay for it if you want).

Remove ads