• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Rhun

First Post
The bugbears shamble down the corridor toward you in full battle gear, their heavy boots echoing sharply off the stones. Seeing your party arrayed before them, they ready their weapons and in unison growl a low battlecry.

OOC: Let me know if the way I positioned your PCs is wrong, but I assummed everyone would want to be in a position to participate. Thanks!

Battlemap:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Giving up all pretense of stealth, Kine taps the point of his blade against the stone floor in front of him. Once again, a metalic ringing eminates from the sword and his voice rises in unison. The song of steel fills your minds with battle and glory as you each receive a brief glimpse into the underlying music of combat. If you follow the rhythm it will surely lead you to victory.

[sblock=ooc]Inspire courage, +1 morale to attack and damage begins next turn.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: Initiative?

OOC: Sorry, my bad!

Initiative Order:
Coraine 20
BB5 19
BB2 18
BB6 16
G 16
Verdis 12
Lucius 11
BB4 11
BB1 10
Kine 9
Otto 8
Dara 7
Jorb 6
BB3 3
Ragnok 2

I should have the first round of combat posted before I leave work today. :)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Combat, round 1

"Hold the line! Let them come to us." Smiling grimly, Coraine waits in eager anticipation of the battle against evil.

The bugbears, while not known as the smartest creatures in the world, are at least well-versed in the ways of battle. Seeing your party positioned before them, and hearing Coraine’s words, the bugbears stop dead in the middle of the corridor. While the first two hold their morningstars ready to strike the first person to come within range, the rest pull javelins and hurl them at you with deadly strength of arm. One javelin strikes Coraine, piercing his armor and leaving a jagged wound in his side, but the others miss their targets.

Verdis fires his crossbow down the hallway at one of the bugbears, but his aim is off slightly and the bolt skips off the stone wall and clatters into the dimness beyond your foes.

Seeing Coraine's injury, Lucius steps behind Ragnok and calls upon Hieroneous to heal Coraine's wounded body.

Giving up all pretense of stealth, Kine taps the point of his blade against the stone floor in front of him. Once again, a metallic ringing emanates from the sword and his voice rises in unison. The song of steel fills your minds with battle and glory as you each receive a brief glimpse into the underlying music of combat. If you follow the rhythm it will surely lead you to victory.

"Seems to be trouble around every corner," Otto remarks, drawing his weapon. "Oh well, back to it, I suppose."

Dara firmly grips her sword with both hands, awaiting the attackers.

Jorb draws a javelin of his own, and hurls it toward the nearest bugbear, but his javelin is deflected off the beast’s shield.

Ragnok raises Norryjar, the blade ready to meet the reinforcements.

Initiative Order:
Coraine 20
BB5 19, attack 18 vrs. Coraine (success), damage 7
BB2 18, readies attack
BB6 16, attack 13 vrs. Ragnok (failure)
G 16
Verdis 12, attack 14 vrs. BB2 (failure)
Lucius 11, 5' step behind Ragnok, convert bless to cure light wounds cast on Coraine (8 points)
BB4 11, attack 14 vrs. Lucius (failure)
BB1 10, readies attack
Kine 9
Otto 8
Dara 7
Jorb 6, attack vrs. BB2 16 (failure)
BB3 3, attack vrs. Ragnok 5 (failure)
Ragnok 2

PC Status
Coraine 16/20

Battlemap

Updated to change Lucius' action!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Verdis Human Warlock

Muttering curses in ancient Suloise, Verdis lets his crossbow fall to hang by its straps. "A half a dozen foes lined up in neat rows and you hit the blasted wall..." Calling upon his arcane power Verdis uses his Eldritch Blast on first bugbear.

OOC: +5 Eldritch Blast Ranged Touch 1d6 20/x2 60' r (+1 to hit and damage within 30')

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=If bugbears come to melee]
OOC: his readied action activates, +8 melee Norryjar (1d10+5/x3)

"Finally, were scared tae close in melee?"

"Kine, yer lucky not tae have met these oversized vermin alone"
[/sblock]

[sblock=If Bugbears haven't moved]Ragnok smiles.

"Ye won't move? Then be moved!" He hastily leaves his axe at his feet, and in a surprisingly fluid motion retrieves one of his throwing hammers launching it towards the bugbear right in front of him and retrieving the axe to his hand.

Now ready for the buggies to come on to him.

"Kine, yer lucky not tae have met these oversized vermin alone"

OOC: Loose Axe [free action], retrieve hammer [free action], attack [standard action], retrieve axe [move action] (+7 ranged (1d4+5)) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara remains in position, ready to attack any bugbear that comes within striking distance.

OOC: Continue to ready an attack from last round.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads