• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CLOSED] We'd Like Some Mo', Please...Editors!

BrotherD

First Post
I, too, just sent in my editing test (this morning, in fact). I'm looking forward to hearing back from Dog Soul Publishing, and hopefully you like my work enough to bring me on, but if nothing else, I appreciate the opportunity and the experience. Thank you.

BrotherD

First Post
Checking in . . .

I thought I'd post here to see if anyone's heard back re: the testing Dog Soul conducted. I submitted my completed test a week ago, and while I don't mind waiting for a response, I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything (positive or negative) from them.

Balok the Strange

First Post
And the winners are...

Okay, folks, I realize that there has been quite a delay on this, but we had a few things get in the way...like a hurricane, and now our efforts to put together a charity book, as well as the announcement of a new product line for d20 Future.

That and the day job, the kids, and the lady.

Again, apologies.

My current schedule is such that I strive to get my correspondence done over weekends now.

I was planning on sending out email to all of the entrants on the morrow (and still will), but I thought that I would list those who entered and did well enough on the test to make an impression on us. I will list names rather than email addies or aliases, so you'll have to sort it out for yourselves if you're on the list or not....although, if you don't know your name, there could be issues down the road.

And in no particular order, the winners are:

Mike Ring
Spencer Stillman
Chris Caran
Malcolm Davies
Michael McConnell
Matthew Gregory
Steven Ehrbar
Diana Marable
J.W. Blankenship Jr
Alfred Cloutier
Anita Hager
Shawn Merwin

To these I say thanks a bunch, and you will be contacted this weekend.

To those who are not on the list, I must say thanks for your interest. There were a few stumbling blocks in the non-winning entries, and most of them concerned simple mechanics. Mention was made in the test concerning cover rules, but the text was originally written for 3.0 and needed to be modified for 3.5, which has different cover rules.
There was a stat block that needed fixing, and there were many errors in the "corrections" as well as several errors that many of you missed. In the prose portion of the test, many of you did far too little as far as editing nearly a page of very rough text.
Thankfully, I had to discard only one entry for not following directions. Thank you to those who used the Track Changes feature when editing...one of you did not, and I was forced to discard the entry.

Again, thank you to all who showed interest and entered. There will be emails sent out to all the winners this weekend.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads