Closing the Pantheon

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
That's why I told tah a small background could explain teh reason behind that. The two energy towers could haev been the tower of life and death. Both being natural and neutral. but the tower of death have been corrupted by another god (Espranachtis or Urdiga). The corrupted tower become teh tower of Negtive Energy, creating an unbalance with teh tower of life. Hyrag and/or Halina decide to restore that balance and in there turn, change the tower of Life into the tower of Positive Energy.

We would only need to see if its fit with what have already been deterimne about the creation of ENWorld.
I dunno. I don't really like the "Tower of Life and Death" idea as much as keeping the original connection between the six towers and the six fundamental Inner Planes (Elemental Earth, Air, Fire, and Water + Positive and Negative Energy).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I am strongly opposed to any rule that dictates "No more deities" in Living ENWorld. The point of our campaign setting, as I see it, is to have a "Living" world, changing and growing with each new member of the community. Cutting off development of the pantheon is too much. Perhaps a separate proposal needs to be made about reassigning the gods to more appropriate power levels. And perhaps the judges should only accept truly unique gods. But to me, the idea of completely cutting off a once-alterable section stifles creativity and is against the core values of Living ENWorld.

Someone

Adventurer
Also I'd like to point that the number of lesser gods (specially as protectors of cities or regions, instead of embodiments of universal principles) demigods, god-spawned beasts and alternate descriptions and worshipping of already existing intermediate o greater gods in distant locations or continents is potentially very large considering the sheer size or ENworld. A huge pantheon is or may be a problem if you try to fit it all in Orussus and the neighboring region.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I already commented on this, so my vote is no, with the suggestion that the current deities' divine ranks be reconsidered and that newly proposed greater deities be considered with extreme prejudice towards "no".

That's the worst sentence ever. =P

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I already commented on this, so my vote is no, with the suggestion that the current deities' divine ranks be reconsidered and that newly proposed greater deities be considered with extreme prejudice towards "no".

That's the worst sentence ever. =P
I would give a Fire Greater deity extreme prejudice towards yes, but otherwise, yeah, probably

Bront

The man with the probe
We were reworking it awhile ago and doing some revisions. Not all got done though.

Someone write up a fire god (preferably one that compliments the other gods, so I guess, likely NE, as we have LN, CN, and NG taken for the other elements, and the Water god is NG...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
We were reworking it awhile ago and doing some revisions. Not all got done though.

Someone write up a fire god (preferably one that compliments the other gods, so I guess, likely NE, as we have LN, CN, and NG taken for the other elements, and the Water god is NG...
I did Tea, so I should probably do the opposite--a Neutral Evil fire god would be good anyway because Ayratha already covers the happy aspects of fire to do with creativity and the like. This would be a god of destruction, hatred/anger, and the opposite of everything for which Galatea stands.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
I guess I'm a judge now--in that case, my first action will be to vote no to this proposal in big letters--here goes:

NO

*Chuckle*

Well, at least I got a strong reaction. ;)

Remove ads