Closing the Pantheon

Knight Otu

First Post
For the topic at hand, I'd say we can close the creation of more greater deities with a "general" portfolio. If we do want racial deities or otherwise separate pantheons, there can be greater deities for these.

Bront

The man with the probe
I think that we don't need to close it, but I do think that we can simply take a fairly hard stance at any new deities.

Are there any still out in proposals that haven't been approved or voted down yet?

Bront

The man with the probe
Quoar is the only one with no votes, and he's a demigod.

RA does have a good point about being fluid, and I think we've made some of the adjustments to make the deities more fluid here in LEW, as the Pantheon has gone from a jumble of a few deities to a relationship that makes sense for the most part. The gods have their place, and most of the important topics are covered.

I will have to check the discussion thread to make sure all the changes we proposed were acted uppon though, such as a few tweeks to domains and such.

ajanders

Explorer
Quick question: is there a fire deity?
Given the elemental basis of the towers and the world, that seems a heckuva thing to have left out.
Or a good question for really high-level characters to settle...

Steve Jung

Explorer
ajanders said:
Quick question: is there a fire deity?
Given the elemental basis of the towers and the world, that seems a heckuva thing to have left out.
Or a good question for really high-level characters to settle...
Yes, Ayratha is the demi-goddess of fire and transformation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yup. Our elemental deities seem to be:

Fire--Ayratha
Water--Galatea
Air--Halor
Earth--Gundar
Light/Positive--Hyrag
Dark/Negative--Espranachtis (and perhaps also Urdiga)

Bront

The man with the probe
We also have

Death - Zephos
Life - Helina

Oddly enough, the fire deity is the only non-greater elemental deity.

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
Oddly enough, the fire deity is the only non-greater elemental deity.

That it is because she isn't a deity of fire, if you look at her description, it is:

Portfolio: Trial, transformation, the discovery and pursuit of purpose, hidden beauty.

Fire come on teh sideline as fire is a force that easily allow changing, as it allow weaponsmith to forge there metal and also fire is some how always changing and very beautifull.

I easily see only 6 greater god in our pantheon, each linked somehow to a tower:

Fire--A new god, only dedicated to Fire
Water--Galatea
Air--Halor
Earth--Gundar
Light/Positive--Helina
Dark/Negative--Zephos

Even if Helina and Zephos are not tightly linked to energies but more to life and death, I have an idea on what could have happen. One other god (Espranachtis for example) could have tried to corrupt the power of teh tower of death and have turn it into more an undeath tower. Hyrag and/or Halina, in wish of balance, have bolster the tower of life into a tower of Positive energy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I think Zephos is a poor choice for the sole Negative Energy god, seeing as he is not evil and has the Repose domain, so most (if not all) of his clerics probably do not even channel Negative Energy ;) (and come on--Espra was created specifically to fill in that hole in the pantheon :lol: The goddess of grudges does not like being overlooked so lightly)

Other than that, it's an interesting idea.

Velmont

First Post
That's why I told tah a small background could explain teh reason behind that. The two energy towers could haev been the tower of life and death. Both being natural and neutral. but the tower of death have been corrupted by another god (Espranachtis or Urdiga). The corrupted tower become teh tower of Negtive Energy, creating an unbalance with teh tower of life. Hyrag and/or Halina decide to restore that balance and in there turn, change the tower of Life into the tower of Positive Energy.

We would only need to see if its fit with what have already been deterimne about the creation of ENWorld.

Remove ads