Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

Pwent almost fully grasping the situation, "The wee one is right we need to re equip ourselves to do that we must work. But where to find it, taverns aren't the safest place to be in this town I'd assume."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny playfully sticks her little Aster tongue out at Keryth and then smiles.

Karen responds to Pwent, "Ask Elrik when you come to breakfast about the Regent's directive or somethin' or other. I know that ain't much help, but it is somethin' about the Regent being wiling to equip parties with rented weapons on certain terms. I don't really understand the details, but my husband does."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

"That would certainly be better than nothing," Byntrou concedes. "I know Bahruul and I, at least, have no local contacts from whom we might procure funds.

Byntrou stands, crossing his arms with determination. "Let's see Elrik, then. And breakfast. Wind and pollen, but losing everything one owns certainly does leave me famished."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Karen nods as Byntrou dismisses her. She simply leaves with a pleasant goodbye, "If you please, then, allow me several minutes to prepare it before you come for breakfast. I shall call for you when it is prepared if that is acceptable. And shall I retain the guards so that you may not be troubled with them here but deal with everything at breakfast?"

jkason

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Karen nods as Byntrou dismisses her. She simply leaves with a pleasant goodbye, "If you please, then, allow me several minutes to prepare it before you come for breakfast. I shall call for you when it is prepared if that is acceptable. And shall I retain the guards so that you may not be troubled with them here but deal with everything at breakfast?"

Delcoi's tongue flicks by Byntrou's ear as she shifts to her preferred place wrapped around his horn. He smiles at the amusement he feels from her and the mental image of large guards keeping their steaming pooridge safe from bandits. "That would be lovely, Karen. Perhaps we'll be better witnesses with full stomachs. Many thanks."

Barak

First Post
Gav appears once more less than comfortable at the mention of the guards.

"Why.. Yeah, I probably need more rest before I talk to them. Really tired and all.." A lot more rest. Like, a couple months' worth. "As for equipment.. I myself don't need much. Live to learn with little when little is what you ahve, you know? A couple knives and a few bits of wire, and I'd be all set."

Gav looks Destiny over for a bit, and finally let's out a sigh.

"Sometimes I wish I was one of you. I think people would take me more seriously if they thought I was done growing, you know?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul

Bahruul stands and brushes at his hands and knees before speaking in his low rumble "Well, as expected, nothing to be found under there."

Hearing the introductions the pale Boer extends one of his huge, hairy hands to the newcomers "I am Bahruul of the Oath and it pleases me to meet you. Eerrruk del kiehar kek berin*" after greeting the other lodgers Bahruul turns to his friends and states matter-of-factly "These delays cause me great concern, the trail gets ever colder, we must do all we can to make speed." Smiling at his companion of the last year he continues "Yes petik I agree we should break our fast and speak with Elrik. Your wisdom grows daily, I only wish that the Oathbreaker's trail did not grow colder with each passing minute."

* traditional Bous greeting meaning something along the lines of Welcome to my herd

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny looks to Gav with a look of confusion about his heritage. ~A conversation for another day, perhaps.~

Instead of speaking to Gav about the heritage, though, she looks back to Bahruul. "This oathbreaker thingy1 I've heard you mention several times since I've joined up with you. I've heard you and Byntrou talking about it amongst yourselves. So - what's the deal with it? Care to explain it a little further before we decide where we are headed?"

1 Please see OOC thread before responding to this part of Destiny's question.

Barak

First Post
Gav

Gav opens his mouth to speak, then he realizes that he has absolutely no clue of what the one who calls herself Destiny is talking about.

Now, normally that wouldn't necessarly stop him from offering his opinion on the matter. But, for some reason, he doesn't really feel like trying to bamboozle those people he just met, and so he just shuts his mouth closed, and waits.

Remove ads