• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CoC) Anyone Play Yet?

Marie

First Post
I have heard many rave reviews about the book, but has anyone actually played? I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I woud like to know about other peoples' experiences.

Vhane

First Post
Play the game are you mad? Actualy no, but I'm hopeful. I have begun the noodleing process of an investigation but thus far its just plotting.

kengar

First Post
I am itching to play. I just bought the book last PM and started reading (looks great so far). I own a older edition of Chaosium CoC and have read that -along with afair bit of HPL fiction- so I'm up on the concepts. My problem is players.

My regular d20 D&D group a mix of RP-ing women and hack'n'slash guys. It balances pretty well in D&D, but the ladies aren't that into horror RPG and the guys balk at a gameworld where killing the monster isn't the main objective. Still, I have hopes of eventually roping them -or a few others- into at least a mini-campaign for 1930's CoC.

The other option is to incorporate some of the horror aspects into a D&D campaign; which I understand many DM's are trying to do with the CoC Rules.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I'm still reading the book, looks promising. Once I am done reading it I will have at least 1 chance to drive my fellow gamers insane as they have agreed to help playtest the adventure I am running at GenCon. They have not done horror before, so if they enjoy it I might be able to do a campaign.

Jeremy Crawford

First Post
I played last night for the first time and had a great time. This was largely because the GM did an excellent job and all of us players were in fine role-playing form, but it was also because the system worked well. We haven't used the magic system yet, but someone already went temporarily insane, and my character had a worm burrow down his throat. Ah, Cthulhu.

Crothian

First Post
I'm looking forward to somone starting a Story Hour of CoC. THat should prove interesting. :D

I have the book and read through most of it. I just wish it was something that my group would go for. They don't play horror well. And they don't like to lose characters. CoC is not for them. :(

scadgrad

First Post
Our first session was last Sat night...

...wherein two intrepid investigators attempted to discover the whereabouts of a missing colleague.

Unfortunately one of them was mauled by a strange, mangy/diseased bear (or at least that's how they recall it) in the ruins of an ancient indian burial site in rural Maine. Upon returning to Arkham, Prof Grady is now convinced that what attacked him was indeed no bear at all, but rather some sort of loathesome, bipedal creature of unknown origins.

Now the professors are preparing for a return to the site, with possibly a few of their friends from the writers club that they meet with on alternating Wednesdays.

Sunday we shall return to the dark woods and find out what madness lies therein...

Remove ads