• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CoC) Anyone Play Yet?

Valkys

First Post
As for the gun issue, just so it keeps going, let us not forget that in certain European Nations, military service is mandatory and that every eligible adult male is part of the militia and has a military issue rifle, pistol, and much more somewhere in the house.

On a personal not, while I don't own any guns myself, if I needed or wanted one, I have access to pistols, rifles, and shotguns. And I have been gifted with a pistol, though I returned said gift because of personal tastes.

But then again, there is a statistic that in certain US States, 60% of the residents carry firearms in their vehicles. Road Rage is a bad idea in the South. Period.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Valkys said:
As for the gun issue, just so it keeps going, let us not forget that in certain European Nations, military service is mandatory and that every eligible adult male is part of the militia and has a military issue rifle, pistol, and much more somewhere in the house.

Sorry, Valkys, but Piratecat said "Stop discussing guns, or the thread gets closed", and I don't want it closed, so please, leave real life guns outside this.

Your "investigators" (Psycho killers?) seem to have really lost the plot one this one, looks like a transcript of my group playing cyberpunk :)

I do like your story however, and switching over to the story hour may be a good move, as the antics of your players are amusing, albeit a bit close to the bone.

Can we poor mortals find out why the organizer of the trip went ballistic and applied the hatchet to the old man? Why did they head out into the boon docks in the first place? Did they already know something about the old man?

Post a link to the story hour if you move!

Angelsboi

First Post
hrm. Maybe the cops are close friends with the old man (maybe an old relative) and when they get hauled in to jail, they are all ritually sacraficed to some creepy thing =)

Dahak

Explorer
To answer the original topic....

Yep, I ran a session last night. I'm running the "Evil Stars" scenario out of 1987's "Cthulhu Now" but with the d20 System rules. I've been wanting to run this scenario for years, but my old Runequest group didn't want to play CoC, and I couldn't get any subsequent D&D/AD&D or Hero System group to even touch a BRP game.

It's sort of ironic that the villain in the module is drawn to look like some sort of Guns n'Roses/Hanoi Rocks singer archetype, and now I had to update his image to something akin to Godsmack or System of a Down. ~shudders and fails sanity check~

Jeremy Crawford

First Post
I'd like to remark on something tangential to the verboten gun issue.

It bears repeating that attitudes on firearms in the United States vary wildly from region to region. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and the prevalence of guns in the South, as reported in this thread, is as foreign to me as it is to those of you who live outside the States.

This comes as no surprise to me, for the cultures of the various regions of this country are sometimes deeply different. Anytime someone speaks of the US as if it has a monolithic culture, don't believe a word of it.

Last edited:

hellbender

First Post
I'm with Horacio on this one (even though I disagree on the gun issue), let's skip the real life guns and stick with the game and keep the thread open. It is pointless to argue ideals in this forum and best to stick with on topic topics.

*incendiary!*

(waiting for Judge Dredd D20)

hellbender

Remove ads