• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Changes/options I plan on using

Lazarus Long

First Post
Have you decided what you're going to change/add to the game?

I'm going to:

1. make armor absorb damage rather than make you harder to hit (thinking that criticals can degrade armor, but I don't know if I want to get into it that far)

2. Give Defense bonuses (page 15, Variant) to AC.

3. Purchasing equipment and tracking money is pretty boring (I think), so I was thinking of using the money rules that were in Polyhedron's Pulp Heros game (in Dungeon issue #90). Basically, the PCs will have a wealth rating that will correspond with the cost rating of equipment. If they're the same, or the PC's is higher, they can have the equipment.

the campaign I'm running will be set in modern times, with the PC's working for some sort of organization. The money option could represent the budget that teir team hass (anything else (C-4, for exanple ;)) would have to be bought with the character's own cash, on the side.

The only concern I have is the changes to armor that I'm thinking about- would that make armor more or less valuable?

mmadsen

First Post
The only concern I have is the changes to armor that I'm thinking about- would that make armor more or less valuable?

More valuable against knife-weilding cultists, even less valuable against terrors from beyond. That doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Remove ads