• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CoC D20 - A question of scale.

DMaple

First Post
I've been looking through the CoC D20 gallery on WotC site and it occured to me is there anything to show the scale of the monsters in the game?

Original CoC had a lovely picture showing the scale of some of the monsters compared with people, cars or sky-scrappers.

The picture of the the Colossal Dhole looks like you could squash it under foot.

How big is a Dark-Young? The one illustrated looks like I could push it over no problem, but I have a recollection that they are about the size of a tall tree.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
DMaple said:
How big is a Dark-Young? The one illustrated looks like I could push it over no problem, but I have a recollection that they are about the size of a tall tree.

The Size line of the stats block can help you, but IMHO the best way is original CoC, of course :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
There was a wonderful book called "Peterson's Field Guide to the Cthulhu Mythos," or something like that, that was FILLED with pictures showing scale. It was great!

Moved to d20 Games.

Last edited:

Isida KepTukari

First Post
It's not perfect, but a quick cross reference to page 131 of the Player's Handbook gives you a pretty good idea. The Dark Young are Huge, which is the size of a giant. A Medium-sized human comes up to a giant's knee. So, if the Dark Young had a knee, that's what you'd be face to face to right before you died. :D

Cornelius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
It's not perfect, but a quick cross reference to page 131 of the Player's Handbook gives you a pretty good idea. The Dark Young are Huge, which is the size of a giant. A Medium-sized human comes up to a giant's knee. So, if the Dark Young had a knee, that's what you'd be face to face to right before you died. :D
Professor Smith! This tree has knees! Professor Smi_ AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads