• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC/Eberron]Morgrave Gambit-Ex Oblivion, Eberron! IC

eabha

First Post
Aalin senses that what is to come is greater than anything she has ever witnessed. Greater, possibly, than anything in the adventurous and romantic tales she grew up with.

She stares at the cloaked woman and focuses every bit of energy she can muster on whatever magic is being worked.

{OOC} Yes, Aalin will use Velious' blessing for a Knowledge (arcana) check, making it +7. If she senses anything that will endanger anyone in the room, she will immediately try to warn them by speaking out. {/OOC}

Mark Causey

Explorer
Velious:
[sblock]Velious finally hits on the thing that's been bugging him since he arrived at the column: The closest tapestry slightly flutters, noting a draft and the high likelihood of a secret door.[/sblock]

Mark Causey

Explorer
As if adding some new kind of invisible spectacles to everyone's eyes, things become sharper, outlines become darker. Shadows define themselves as never before.

Calach catches the subtle lip movements of a silent prayer or invocation from the cloaked woman; his eyes widen as his mind speaks words he's only seen whispered as others stared at his sickly body as a child:

"For now is their time of weakness,"

The prayers is as follows:

Host, Sovereign, help them all,
in this time I invocate;
For now is their time of weakness,
enveloped, surrounded by darkness I cannot abate.

Aalin notes with another sharp intake that an air flow nearby seems to be the final clue needed to ultimately indicate the presence of forces that she (nor many in the world, if her teachings were correct) could never hope to control, the Force Evoked that Does Not Bind, the Ever Hungry Void.

Malthian -
Whispers that you've only heard in the darkest places and the weirdest times begin to flow towards you, from behind the now locked door to this room.

Aalin -
The best case scenario, from her teachings, is that air will slowly be sucked out of this room with the most minor Void evocation; worst case scenario, if it is indeed all that I have said, the cloaked lady is about to suck this entire room into another plane, violently and irrevocably.

eabha

First Post
"Do you feel that?" Aalin asks in a loud whisper. "The air..."

Her eyes widen in horror as the possibilities become clearer. Alarmed, she reaches out to grab the arm of the closest of her new acquaintances, but her words are meant for them all.

"I fear we are all in terrible danger here!"

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Calach mutters the words of the prayer back to himself. When Aalin grabs his arm, he starts and then shrugs. "I'd say so." Hardly the comforting type, that Calach.

nonamazing

Explorer
Velious taps Aalin on the shoulder. "Child. Listen. I believe you. There is little time." Velious points at a nearby tapestry. "There appears to be an exit behind that curtain. I suggest you start trying to help people slip out of here, while I attempt to create a distraction."

Velious then turns to the crowd, raising himself to his full height. He begins shouting at the top of his lungs. "Hold! What you are attempting, despite any noble intentions you claim, is calling upon us a most singular and irrevocable doom! You must stop this, now, lest you murder every sentient being in this room!"

I know that I cannot stop this madness alone. But if my words can instill fear into the hearts of the crowd, then perhaps I can motivate them into acting against our two-faced hostess, and stopping her disturbing plan.

{OOC} I'm hoping to perhaps make an Intimidate check to rile up the crowd (perhaps disturbing the ritual) or, failing that, for Velious to at least draw attention to himself long enough to allow people a chance to escape. Intimidate check would be +6. {/OOC}

'eezer doesn't know much about what the two arcanists are going on about, but he's made a snap judgement to trust them. In an instant, he shifts, bulking up to Hulk-like proportions; his teeth lengthening slightly, and his body hair darkening and thickening, as he fills out his loose clothing. He draws his sword and rushes to the tapestry, attempting to pull it down, and barking to the crowd, "Quick; through here!" He waves his sword through the tapestry to try and indicate what he hopes they will do, but he waits momentarily for the crowd to begin moving.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Calach starts to attempt to assist Velious and 'Eezer in their herding, gently urging the crowd towards the exit beyond the tapestry.

Mark Causey

Explorer
Mouth of Madness

"Hold! What you are attempting, despite any noble intentions you claim, is calling upon us a most singular and irrevocable doom! You must stop this, now, lest you murder every sentient being in this room!" Velious announced with astonishing timber.

"What is destined to be, shall be! None, shy our adversaries from Xen'drik, could stop us now. Run, if you can, before, out of oblivion, Eberron's shadow emerges! The truth out of light shall be revealed, and the First Step of the Twisted Path shall start!" the cloaked woman belowed.

"What are you doing, Flamewind? We were to demonstrate Its power, scare them a little, not destroy ourselves and our patrons! I can stop you still!" Dala screamed.

The two locked eyes for a moment, and Dala whipped out her rapier. She ran to the dais, and faced off with a madly grinning gnome.

The crowd, having realized that the show stopped but a heartbeat before, scrambled to their feet, and, noticed now how clogged they were and how the exits were blocked. Illogically ignoring those trying to help them, they clambered for the entrance's iron bound door. They stopped short when they heard from beyond it a bass sound peal. It sounded like the that of a large bell being rang beside you, if your head were sumbmersed underwater. They then turned and started running down toward a now open stairwell, finally listening to their animal instincts.

'eezer ushered them away from their doom. He smelt it before he sensed it, though. The smell, somehow, of puddles of inky shadow forming on the center of the tiled floor. The shadows in the room and from its inhabitants sink into it, like water down a slow moving drain.

In but seconds, the room was left with brave souls, madmen, and fools. Two columns of adventurers too foolhardy to run remained. Dala fought desperately to sidestep a fiendish gnome, who swiped at her and blocked her blows with eldritch claws. Firewind invocated Black Prayers, while a tear rolled down her cheek.

{OOC}Velious, you had some good bonuses due to the help of you column-mates and the freakiness of it all. With a 21, even a skittish illogical crowd can be saved. As it stands, there is your group and another group, the pool of shadow on the floor, Dala, the gnome, and Firewind. The other group contains a male goblin, a wee 'forged, and a female half-elf in a silver breastplate. A noise just pealed from outside of the room, or seemingly so. Sorry for taking so long, I was hoping Eluvan (Malthian) would post.{/OOC}

In spite of his better judgement, 'eezer waits until the column has all filed their way through the door before leaving. If any of the "column-mates" are still standing around, he will attempt to herd them through as well once the room is (more or less emptied.) If the waifish girl (Aalin) has not moved, he will bodily pick her up over his shoulder and carry her out of the room.

Remove ads