[CoC/Eberron]Valthirond Sleeps-Ex Oblivion, Eberron! IC

GentleGiant

Explorer
"Well, no reason to wait around out here" Vecis says as he picks up his belongings. "Lead the way little one, let's find a place with a roaring fire, some good venison and a grand selection of wine."
With that he trods after the weird little creature... making sure he searches the shadows for any sign of trouble.
No reason to let one's guard down, especially in a strange town like this

Mark Causey

Explorer
As people start filing off of the platform, the hum grows in volume. If one looks back they notice what appears to be a cloud of sparks moving slowly towards the platform along the line of the rail.

Ferrix

Explorer
As people file off of the platform you notice an odd pair, a tall human bundled heavily in winter clothes rests his weight upon the shoulder of a cloaked figure that moves with an awkward clattering gait. Infernal cold... my bones, they burn from the approach of time. Closer inspection reveals an eternal weariness in the figure as he shuffles off of the platform with the help of the cloaked figure.

OOC: sorry for the wait... lost track of the thread

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Caide cocks an eyebrow at the cloaked, clattering figure. Maybe, he thinks to himself, maybe. But we'll deal with that in the warm. He follows his companions, casting an occasional eye back towards the old man.

[sblock]
Sense Motive (unskilled) on the dromite.
[dice]1 d 20 + 3[/dice]
And Knowledge (arcana) to see if I can recognize his wand or rod.
[dice]1 d 20 + 5[/dice]
Since that didn't work... how does the dice roller work?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mark Causey

Explorer
Caide - [sblock]You're unable to pick out any details in the darkness, but from your familiarity with arcane items, you're suspiscious that the older man's items bear at least some enchantments. As for the dromite, it seems overly genuine at times. It just responded to some new information that you haven't perceived yet; and you feel that it is trying to lead you to someplace safe, but that it might be willing to sacrifice you all and run if needed. [/sblock]

Mark Causey

Explorer
Your guide leads you through the abandoned, poorly lit streets of Valthirond, talking to himself and to anyone who'll listen. He acts as if he's now afraid of silence, and definitely avoiding any passage way without visible end. Eventually, you are all led to the most remarkable thing this town has offered since you've arrived, an ancient stone bridge, possibly embelished with reliefs. As you pass over the moonslit tributary, you hear a woman scream from below the bridge, and the guide stops.

"The inn, the safe inn! It's just down there! We mustn't tarry any longer! Host help her, but we can't!"

A splash is heard, and the chaotic sounds of combat begin.

GentleGiant

Explorer
Hardly hearing the words of the dimunitive guide, Vecis races to the side of the bridge he thinks is closest to the woman in distress.
"Hold on M'Lady, help is on the way"
If he sees any movement in the shadows beneath the bridge he jumps over the railing and tries to cushion his fall as much as possible.

{OOC} Well, jumping depends on the distance, of course, no reason to do something decidedly suicidal. Edit: I think I'll just use my Tumble check instead, which is +6 (DC 15 to lessen the distance by 10') - if I land safely, I'll draw my sword from my cane{/OOC}

Last edited:

Remove ads