[CoC] Shadows of the Past

Maerdwyn

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The officer sitting behind the desk is a burly fellow, with brown hair cut short and narrow green eyes. His general demeanor is very unfriendly as William approaches, and at the mention of Lt. Sherman, the officer gives him a hard stare.

“You won’t be finding Sherman here. He’s on leave, with no word on when he’s coming back. His last case shook him up pretty bad.” The officer leaned back in his chair. “What’s this all about, hmm? Why are you wanting to see Lt. Sherman?”
"Er..." William momentarily hedges, then produces an old busness card for the officer ("William Blair, Esq., Attorney at Law") And I thought I was going to be the less stable of the two in our meeting today. "I got a telegram from him yesterday, saying he wanted to see me about a previous case. It sounded urgent - do you know where I could find him?"

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Elizabeth smiles warmly, and gives Gloria a hug. “I am visiting my sister, darling. Poor girl, she had to come here as a result of her nerves, but it seems that living in a sanatorium does not agree with her. I came all the way from Paris to find another place for her. What about you, darling, what brings you here?”

Gloria at the Sanitarium

Gloria looks down at her feet as a frown spreads across her face. She then looks up at Elizabeth with a tear on her cheek. "Oh, Liz.......my mother has been in here for the past couple of years. She had....humm....a....breakdown......"

Last edited:

Capellan

Explorer
Randolph hurried back to his office and called the police and ambulance. After giving them all the details he had, he returned to the doorway of Killington's office. Something about the black book - so distinct from the other items - drew his attention. Despite his resolve not to disturb the desk any further, he found himself opening the cover to see what lay inside.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The officer reaches out to accept the business card, and examines it closely. Then, he examined William, a suspicious look on his face. He regarded William for a long moment, before apparently coming to a decision. “If he is not here, then he is probably at his home. Wait here a moment, I’ll see if I can dig up the address.”

The officer gets up from the desk, and disappears into a nearby doorway. He is gone for several minutes, though William can see that he is talking to a slender man with short black hair and a hawk-like nose. Occasionally, both men would glance through the doorway at William.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Oh, goodness!” Elizabeth gasped, and immediately swept Gloria into a hug. The fur of her coat tickled Gloria’s face, and she detected the faint scent of a very expensive perfume. “A breakdown! How horrible! You poor dear!”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Randolph opened the cover of the leather bound book, and his eyes were greeted with the sight of a page full of Killington’s small, cramped handwriting. It appeared to be some sort of journal. The top of the page was dated January 10, 1918. As he scanned the page, he noticed a few unusual symbols interspersed among the paragraphs.

Capellan

Explorer
I should leave it ...

Despite the thought, Randolph found himself reading the words on the page, his eyes drawn to the sentences around the strange symbols.

It's not like I'm taking anything away from the scene, if I glance through it.

Nonetheless, he kept one ear cocked for the police, so he could close the book before they came.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The officer gets up from the desk, and disappears into a nearby doorway. He is gone for several minutes, though William can see that he is talking to a slender man with short black hair and a hawk-like nose. Occasionally, both men would glance through the doorway at William.
William observes them, trying to look casual about it, hoping there's something he can glean from their demeanors, and how they're standing, how they're looking at him. Otherwise, he simply waits, pointedly ignoring the nervous sensation in his gut.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
“Oh, goodness!” Elizabeth gasped, and immediately swept Gloria into a hug. The fur of her coat tickled Gloria’s face, and she detected the faint scent of a very expensive perfume. “A breakdown! How horrible! You poor dear!”

Gloria returns the hug and then sits down on the couch. The look of pity in Liz's eyes stabs deep into Gloria. Why did she have to be here? thinks Gloria. I have to change the subject of the conversation quickly. "Have you been waiting long?"

Last edited:

Remove ads