[CoC] Shadows of the Past

Dark Nemesis

First Post
With all of his strength, Randolph was able to pull himself free from Killington’s grasp. Without anything to support him, the professor fell forward, his head impacting upon the floor with a sickening CRACKing sound. He moaned softly, but made no attempt to get up.

Hurridly, Randolph made his way to the window and looked out. He was treated to a marvelous view of the campus square, which was decorated with benches, shrubs, and a single statue in the center of the square. There seemed to be no one out there, but every once in awhile, he could see movement out of the corner of his eye that vanished when he turned to look.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The priest nodded in Charlie’s direction, but seemed more concerned with keeping an eye on the disheveled man.

“I was born and raised here,” Alicia replied quietly. “It’s nice, though it sometimes get very boring. I’ll bet you have a lot of excitement in your life, hmm?”

As they talked, a few more blocks passed. The buildings were beginning to become more spaced out, and seemed less rundown than the area of the city that they had previously been in. “We’re almost there,” Alicia assured him.

Capellan

Explorer
What was that? Randolph peered at the shadows, then shook his head in self-disgust. Jumping at shadows.

Turning and looking at Killington once more reminded Randolph that there were other priorities, and he frantically began to hunt for a telephone with which to call for medical aid.

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The orderly steps aside as Gloria pushes her way into the foyer. The air inside the sanatorium was heavy and oppressive. Though there were a few lamps in the hallway, as well as a vase with fresh cut flowers, it was clear that it was not a very happy place. Faintly, Gloria could hear someone sobbing in one of the rooms, as well as a steady THUD-THUD of something heavy impacting against something solid.

Wordlessly, the orderly led her into a room off of the foyer, a richly appointed sitting room. Another young lady was sitting in the room, and tea had already been served. “I will let the doctor know that you are here, Miss Delapore-Lowell,” the orderly said. Without another word, he made his way down the hallway.

“Gloria? Darling, is that you?” the other young woman asked. It was then that Gloria recognized her: Elizabeth Pike. They had attended private school together.

Gloria steps into the sitting a frown on her face from the sounds and feel of the place. She then sees the young woman. "Liz! How are you! I have not seen you in ages." Gloria goes over, sits next to her, and gives her a hug. "What are you doing in a place like this?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
William enters the station, and asks to see Lt. Sherman, if he has arrived yet. If told he has not, he asks to wait. If asked, he will say that Sherman wanted to see him regarding the murder investigation into his grandfather's death, and will produce the telegram if necessary.

He scans the waiting area for a pot of coffee, and asks if he might have a cup. I hope my eyes aren't too badly bloodshot.

sellars

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
“I was born and raised here,” Alicia replied quietly. “It’s nice, though it sometimes get very boring. I’ll bet you have a lot of excitement in your life, hmm?”

As they talked, a few more blocks passed. The buildings were beginning to become more spaced out, and seemed less rundown than the area of the city that they had previously been in. “We’re almost there,” Alicia assured him.

"Good! I could sure use a cup of good coffee! Exitement? nah, after all these years every :):):):)ty town looks the same. Tell me something about this place, something weird so I can use it in a song. If youre good, I'll even write you a song" Charlie said, and kissed her on the cheek.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Though Randolph searches Killington’s desk thoroughly, he is unable to find a telephone. In fact, the only item of interest in the desk was a black, leather bound book.

Vaguely, Randolph remembered something he had heard about Killington. He was a known technophobe; he barely tolerated keeping a lamp on his desk to read by. However, there was a phone in Randolph’s office.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Elizabeth smiles warmly, and gives Gloria a hug. “I am visiting my sister, darling. Poor girl, she had to come here as a result of her nerves, but it seems that living in a sanatorium does not agree with her. I came all the way from Paris to find another place for her. What about you, darling, what brings you here?”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The officer sitting behind the desk is a burly fellow, with brown hair cut short and narrow green eyes. His general demeanor is very unfriendly as William approaches, and at the mention of Lt. Sherman, the officer gives him a hard stare.

“You won’t be finding Sherman here. He’s on leave, with no word on when he’s coming back. His last case shook him up pretty bad.” The officer leaned back in his chair. “What’s this all about, hmm? Why are you wanting to see Lt. Sherman?”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Something weird?” Alicia giggled as Charlie kissed her on the cheek. “Lemme think.” She mulled it over as they walked up the path to a run-down two story house. She produced a house key, and let them both into a comfortable front room. “Well, there’s one thing I can think off. One of the ladies I clean house for, she’s got a big mansion of the north side of town. She lives there all alone. It’s kinda creepy, y’know? Anyway, word is that people keep vanishing when they go to visit her. Its like they go in, but the don’t come out.” As she tells him this, she goes into the kitchen, and begins making coffee.

Remove ads