[CoC] Shadows of the Past

Dark Nemesis

First Post
At first, Gloria had difficulty getting to sleep. She kept imagining all of the horrible things that could have happened to her mother. However, the alcohol eventually won out, and she slipped into a deep sleep. The last thing she head before the comforting darkness slipped over her was the sound of Abbie and Belinda talking quietly in the next room.

The following day turned out to be cool and overcast. Gloria’s head throbbed from the indulgences of the previous evening, though she was able to drive to the Shadyside Sanatorium.

The Shadyside Sanatorium had once been a mansion, though it had been converted after its previous owners had died. The building was surrounded by a well-manicured lawn, and boasted a beautiful garden behind it. As Gloria drove up to the main building, she could not see any signs of movement, either on the lawn or through the windows.

sellars

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
Now armed with a glass of red wine as well as his rye, Charlie makes his way over to the young lady. She looks up, offering him a friendly smile. “Mister Charlie Johnson. I listened to your performance. It felt like you put your very soul into your music. My name is Alicia Robertson. It is very nice to meet you.”

Conversation flowed well over the next several minutes, and it seemed Miss Alicia Robertson was very interested in Charlie’s company for the evening. However, before Charlie could make his move, Benny interrupted them. “Hey man, I missed you back at the table! I got you that rye you wanted.”

Man, what is wrong with that kid, can't he see I'm busy

"I tell you what, kid, I'm kinda busy right now" Charlie said winking at the boy. "You drink that rye for yourself, and tomorrow, I'm gonna learn you a song. So how's that?" Charlie turns back to Alicia, saying "Sorry dear, where were we, oh yeah, we were gonna leave this dump, right?"

Gomez

First Post
Gloria

Nice place, well it should be for how much they are charging. But it always give me the creeps everytime I come here. I sure hope mom is alright! thinks Gloria.

She parks the car and walks up to the main entrance and knocks.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
At first, no one answered as Randolph hammered at the door and shouted for Killington. Then, the door gave way under the force of his fist, flying open as wide as it could as a blast of icy air hit him in the face. From where Randolph was standing in the hallway, he could only see a set of bookshelves that stood directly across from the door. Within the room, there was a deadly silence.

As Randolph cautiously peered into the room, he realized that Killington was the only one in there. He was sitting at his desk, leaning forward so that his head was resting the leather blotter that protected the wooden surface. There was no one else. However, the window was open, which might have caused the icy breeze.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Really, you mean that? Wow!” Benny gasped, his eyes wide with shock and admiration. “All right, Mister Johnson! See you tomorrow!”

Alicia smiled up at him, before saying softly, “Yes, that sounds nice. But it’s a little bit of a walk to my house…” They would have no other interruptions as they left the speakeasy.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
At first, no one answered her knock, Then, the door slowly creaked open. Towering within the doorframe was a man whom Gloria recognized to be one of the orderlies. He was seven feet tall, with short black hair and narrow grey eyes. For a moment, he stared at Gloria, before speaking. “Yes?”

Capellan

Explorer
Randolph paused, hand stilled raised to hammer on the door.

"Killington?" he spoke more softly now, stepping across the threshold into the office and approaching the desk, "Is everything alright?"

sellars

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
“Really, you mean that? Wow!” Benny gasped, his eyes wide with shock and admiration. “All right, Mister Johnson! See you tomorrow!”

Alicia smiled up at him, before saying softly, “Yes, that sounds nice. But it’s a little bit of a walk to my house…” They would have no other interruptions as they left the speakeasy.

Ah great, finally some luck! "Of cousre I'll walk you to you house dear, I could use some good coffee. Can I get your coat?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
William stood there for a moment, reading the telegram over and over. He believes me. William was barely successful in fighting off a fresh round of vomiting, hope and horror mixing in equal parts within his stomach. Jesus! Finally! William quickly looks within the desk for a pencil and piece of paper, writing:
Father Gregory,
I am afraid your sermon will need to wait a few days. The telegram I received requires immediate attention. I promise I will still be sober when I return to hear it.

Yours,
William
He left the short note on the desk and left the rectory, quickly making the short walk back to parish's apartment building, and looking at the telegram again as he went. He examined the address and the time the telegram was sent, his mind racing, wondering how long it had taken Sherman to find him here in Boston, and what possibly could have changed the man's mind.

ooc: Is Sgt. Sherman here in Boston or back up in New Hampshire?

Remove ads