[CoC] Shadows of the Past

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“I don’t know, Gloria. I mean, what if the Doctor is not there? You would be stuck there all night with those people,” Abbie said with a shudder. Then, she realized what she had said, and gave Gloria an apologetic look.

Belinda returned with the tea in time to hear Abbie’s words, and gave her an icy look. “Here, dear, maybe this will help,” she said, placing the teacup in Gloria’s hands.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Father Gregory managed a faint smile. “Considering this will be the last time, I was happy to do it,” he replies at last. Together, they walked back to the rectory, enjoying the cool, clear evening. Then, just before Father Gregory was about to retire, he paused. “Oh dear me, I nearly forgot. You received a telegram today. I put it in my office.”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
A quick turn of the doorknob proved that the door was unlocked. He stepped into the room, finding it to be a sparsely furnished office. There were no personal items on the desk, no books on the shelves… it was clear that it was not in use by any of the faculty.

Randolph would quickly find that he could not hear as well as he could in the office, even when he tried pressing his ear to the wall. The muffled conversation seemed to go on for a couple more minutes, with Killington’s words increasing in volume. At last, Randolph could understand what Killington was saying.

“-heard enough! I bid thee to leave!”

Seconds passed in silence, before a blood curdling scream caused Randolph to jump.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Then, just before Father Gregory was about to retire, he paused. “Oh dear me, I nearly forgot. You received a telegram today. I put it in my office.”
"That's okay, Father. If your office is unlocked and it's all right with you, I can pick it up on my way out of the rectory. Sleep well and, well... thanks...again."

Assuming that the priest has no objections, William goes to the office and picks up the telegram, reading it as he walks the couple of blocks back to his flat.

Capellan

Explorer
Without even thinking about it, Randolph burst back out of the room and lunged for Killington's door. However strange the old man's behaviour, he was in trouble. Randolph's first reaction was to help: possibly not the smartest response, in the circumstances.

sellars

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
While looking for a lady to spend the night with, one in the corner catches his eye. She is rather lovely, with long hair tied back. Her fashionable red dress indicated that she had some money, and perhaps even a nice place to stay. Really, he had noticed her earlier during his performance, as she had been giving him come hither looks the entire time.

Looking at what she drinks, I order another at the bar, taking a rye myself.

"Good evening young lady. My name is Charlie, Charlie Johnson. Have you listened to the music tonight?"

If she bites on the social talk, I chat with her for about half an hour, before I make clear advances

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
“I don’t know, Gloria. I mean, what if the Doctor is not there? You would be stuck there all night with those people,” Abbie said with a shudder. Then, she realized what she had said, and gave Gloria an apologetic look.

Belinda returned with the tea in time to hear Abbie’s words, and gave her an icy look. “Here, dear, maybe this will help,” she said, placing the teacup in Gloria’s hands.

Gloria sits down and take a sip of her tea. "Your right. I don't know what I was thinking. I best get a few hours sleep and leave early in the morning. Thanks girls, I needed someone to help me get my head on right. Let me call the taxi company and cancel that cab."

After Gloria calls the taxi company she will head to her room and try to get some sleep. The next morning she will head to the Shadyside Sanatorium in her own car.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Very well, my son. I will see you tomorrow. May the blessings of the Lord be with you,” Father Gregory said at last.

The priest’s office was immaculate, thought sparsely furnished. One wall was dominated by a set of bookshelves, laden with tomes. The other three walls were bare, wood paneled, but undecorated. On the far end of the room sat Father Gregory’s desk. Only a single piece of paper lay upon the polished wood of the desk, and that turned out to be William’s telegram.

It read:

NEW DETAILS OF YOUR GRANDFATHER’S MURDER HAVE COME TO LIGHT. STOP. WE MUST MEET. STOP. I BELIEVE YOU. STOP.

The telegram was addressed from Sgt. Jonathan Sherman. At first, the name was unfamiliar, though as he walked in the cool evening air, his head cleared enough to jog his memory. Jonathan Sherman had been the investigating officer in his grandfather’s death.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The chill of the hallway was barely noticed as Randolph raced to Killington’s aid. Still moving, he reached out and grasped the doorknob. However, the doorknob would not turn. It was locked. Randolph was able to stop himself before he ran into the doorway.

Inside the room, the scream had died away and was replaced by a high pitched whimpering.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Now armed with a glass of red wine as well as his rye, Charlie makes his way over to the young lady. She looks up, offering him a friendly smile. “Mister Charlie Johnson. I listened to your performance. It felt like you put your very soul into your music. My name is Alicia Robertson. It is very nice to meet you.”

Conversation flowed well over the next several minutes, and it seemed Miss Alicia Robertson was very interested in Charlie’s company for the evening. However, before Charlie could make his move, Benny interrupted them. “Hey man, I missed you back at the table! I got you that rye you wanted.”

Remove ads