• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Sick-n-Twisted (Fresh Meat)

doghead

thotd
san: 70

Bruder does as Jims says. Seeing Jims hand lurking in the vicinity of his jacket concerns him a little.

He does realise that I was joking about shooting people in flares, doesn't he?

kuroshidaku

First Post
The man at the alter begins to speak, thoiugh not in a language you recognise. "Tai'rech gahgt sop le geeha c'vanna sol pee no rach" he says in the gutteral tongue. Bruder shivers, vaguely recognising the voice. "San iech tol bann't got spen le fraggh."

Your heads snap from the alter to the figures at the front at the sound of a scream. An elaborate dagger protrudes from one's chest, the other making noises like a ravenous dog. The injured man changes before your eyes. From the screaming, you can tell it isn't a pleasent procedure. He falls to the floor, your view of him blocked by the pews. There is no telling what hapened to him.

The man at the alter closes the book he was reciting from, and turns to face you. It's the guy from the bar. "So nice for you both to have come, but i'm afraid I dont have time to chat. I must see to Peters. Please, make yourselves at home."

He then limps towards his companions, bending down to check on the tortured one.

The ritual was a major shock to you both. You loose 3 sanity.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
san: 67

Steady. You don't know whats going on. Ignore the guy on the floor. Things aren't what they seem. You have to remain cool. We have to get the initiative back. What can I do to throw him?

In a tight voice Bruder says to Jim, "I willing to bet that he is wearing flares."

Then Bruder steps up onto one of the pews and begins to walk along it towards the center isle. The footfalls boom noisily in the empty church.

bruin

First Post
"What, you mean he's gonna' start disco dancing and offer us some lines next? He'll talk to us when he's ready."

Jim needed a drink. He walked over to the tabernacle, which had mercifully survived the fire, and fiddled at the lock with his lockpick, trying to loot it for some wine.

<San 60>

doghead

thotd
san 67

Bruder pauses for a minute in responce to Jims reply.

I meant that you can feel free to shoot him.

"God, I hope not," Bruder says eventually. "I hate disco."

"Ou. Ou. Ou. Ou. Stay'n alive. Stay'n alive."

He tries to imitate Travolta's infamous dancing as he sings. His dancing is just about as bad as his singing.

"You can tell by the way does his walk, he's a ladies man no time for talk ..."

Breaking out in song again, Bruder disco shuffles his way to the end of the pew. He is grinning like an idiot by the time he gets there.

"On the other hand, it is a good laugh."

"Not like heavy metal ... Yahhhhhhhh!"

Bruder starts moshing as he screams wordlessly. He pounds his feet on the wooden pew - the booming fills the church, echoing and reverberating quite satisfactorally, Bruder thinks.

"I just don't get the point of that," he concludes with a small smile.

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
Jim stops from his lockpicking for a moment to give Bruder some mocking applause, and then gets back to it.

"I guess we both need a drink."

doghead

thotd
Bruder ponders the silence following his little performance. Bu**er this for a laugh.

"You know Jim, I think you're right. Let's head back to the bar. The Gimp is obviously a little preoccupied at the mo'. He can catch up with us at the bar."

Bruder strides down the pew back the way he came. Over his shoulder he says to the crouching form, "We'll probably be there for an hour or so. Later."

Leaping off the end of the pew, he heads towards the side exit.

Edit: Spelling :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
Jim gives up his lockpicking and begins to follow Bruder out, looking tentatively in the direction of the gimp. Is he really gonna let us go, after keeping us from leaving earlier? he wondered.

"Righto, ta-ta, don't forget to write," he mumbles as they try to leave.

kuroshidaku

First Post
"Very well. Hopefully i'll be able to meet you."

You edge out of the building, then drive back to the bar. At least the rain has died down a bit. The hammering on the roof has gone down to a reasonable level.

As you sip your beers, you notice a newcomer in the bar. A cop. A chick cop at that. And she's looking for someone.

doghead

thotd
Bruder returns from the bar with four beers. Plonking them down he slides himself into the booth opppsite Jim with a quiet sigh. Grabbing one of the beers, he tips his head back and necks it. With another sigh he sets it back down and takes another.

"Well, I've no idea what all that was about."

Remove ads