• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Code-name: "The Goblin Game"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If this game can be played during the work day by doing a turn when the work day is slow (I'm on hold or waiting for people to call me back a lot), I'd be up for paying for a game or two.

But I'm serious about them using this fluff for D&D, too. ;)

Agent Oracle

First Post
Ooh.. i hope someone is resurrecting Goblins and Grenades!

Player 1 "I move my jungle goblin forward six, and left three, and chuck the pineapple!"

Player 2 "The pineapple? That's a fruit, not a grenade! You eat it to restore one health!"

Player 3 "Too late, he already threw it. so it does one spiky rind damage to your Aquatic goblin."

Player 2: "Owie."

ephemeron

Explorer
Enkhidu said:
That sounds exactly like an old PBM game played through a browser.
Agreed. I remember several companies trying similar things in response to the effect that the rise of online gaming was having on the PBM industry, but I don't remember any of them lasting all that long.

I'd love to see the return of big turn-based strategy games, but it seems an odd thing for Wizards to invest in right now.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
ephemeron said:
Agreed. I remember several companies trying similar things in response to the effect that the rise of online gaming was having on the PBM industry, but I don't remember any of them lasting all that long.

I'd love to see the return of big turn-based strategy games, but it seems an odd thing for Wizards to invest in right now.
I suspect it's a board game that they're testing the waters on before rolling it out in hard copy form.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads