• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CoDzilla? Someone needs to explain this to me.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Okay, this is not straight 4e but I haven't seen the term anywhere else than on this forum. I was away from 4e forum for a few weeks and suddenly I see term "Codzilla" popping up from thread to thread. I have no IDEA what that means (other than mispelled name for a japanise monster, but that doesn't fit the contexts). Could someone please explain. I know we gamers are quick to adapt new terms but jeez this was fast.

Blackrat

3d6 said:
"Cleric or Druid-zilla". Refers to the high power level of clerics and druids in 3E.
Ah. A monster that is analogous to the power of Clerics and Druids. Well that does make sense. Thanks.

Vayden

First Post
Blackrat - it has nothing to do with 4E, nor it is a monster. It's a term from the Character Optimization boards on the Wizards site, with the implication that Cleric and Druid are tremendously over-powered and broken.

Blackrat

Vayden said:
Blackrat - it has nothing to do with 4E, nor it is a monster. It's a term from the Character Optimization boards on the Wizards site, with the implication that Cleric and Druid are tremendously over-powered and broken.
Ah. No wonder I hadn't heard it before. I have been avoiding that place ever since PunPun :D .

Bacris

First Post
Here's the original context:

Haunted, the good answers (DMing your own game, ditching this fool for some sensible DMs in college) have been given. You wish to win an argument with a DM, however (try actually facing 3 groups of 4 goblins each in a day at level 1, with time to cast a CLW or two in between, and see if he still thinks you can't have more than 1 encounter a day at low levels) and for that you have chosen the correct tactic.

It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics (or Warlocks, or Fochlucan Lyrists, or anything balanced that's come out of splatbooks that aren't munchfests like Complete Divine) isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions.

godzilla-9821.jpg

C.o.D.zilla's-eye-view of the DM.

Remove ads