• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cohort Suggestions for Paladin

Thalionalfirin

First Post
I am playing an elven paladin/skylord... flying mount and such and am contemplating taking the Leadership feat (with my DM's blessing already). Based on my character's projected leadership score, I should be able to get a cohort approximately 13th level.

What type of character should I consider for a cohort? Note that the campaign is planned to reach epic levels, so the cohort should be viable at those levels.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Unicorn or a silver or gold dragon?

Some sort of Celestial or Half-Celestial?

Thalionalfirin

First Post
Hmm, I never really thought about using the feat for a monster cohort. Would it be advisable to wait until I had access to Epic Leadership to take something like a dragon or such?

Also, what would be an appropriate way of calculating the correct 'level' for cohort purposes of various monsters? The SRD has a few examples, but most would be unsuitable due to alignment restrictions or being too high a level right now.

Jdvn1

The DMG has advice for the cohorts like this, I think, and the Draconomicon has details for a Dragon Cohort. I don't remember what they are right now.

Thanee

First Post
The DMG has some details on how cohort levels are calculated.
It's usually simply the ECL of the creature, IIRC.

A celestial (i.e. Hound Archon) could be fun, too.

Bye
Thanee

Jdvn1

An Angel or a Lammasu (the celestial half-dragon lammasu is cool too) would be neat.

Remove ads