D&D General Cold based adventures?

I second the Legacy of thr Crystal Shard.

I've read through Rime and thought it to be very good. I'll probably run that next when we finish Shattered Obelisk. I'm actually torn between Rime and Avernus.

Clint_L

Hero
"Frozen Sick," from Explorer's Guide to Wildmount, is an absolutely fantastic mini-campaign for levels 1-3 and is available free on DnDBeyond.

I've played Rime. It's very good.

aco175

Legend
Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl is a classic. If you actually follow the guidance vis-a-vis fire magic, you'll have pools of icy water, clouds of steam, and other various complications that are very evocative of the environment. Also, it takes place literally on and inside a glacier.
I would recommend this as a singular adventure if you modify it from the others in the Against the Giants series. Chop it up into a few nights of play and it would work. I did not like the whole series in 5e as it feels more like just a long crawl and not something specific.

I also liked the last part of the box set Dragons of Icespire Peak with Icespire Hold and the dragon. That part could be taken and modified.

Clint_L

Hero
Forgot about Frozen Sick; agreed, it's quite good.
I love it as a starter adventure because it has a little mystery to solve, there's some travel and exploration, and the "dungeon"-type encounters are small enough to be handled in one session. So it offers a little of everything without overwhelming new players. I need to use it again, soon.

Remove ads