• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cold iron vs Shadows

I haven't been able to find any literature on it, and it may be a stupid question, but does a cold iron weapon have any effect on Shadows? I remember something about cold iron affecting undead, but I'm not sure if it works against incorporeal creatures. Any thoughts?

SS

First Post
This is from the D20 SRD.
Iron, Cold

This iron, mined deep underground, known for its effectiveness against fey creatures, is forged at a lower temperature to preserve its delicate properties. Weapons made of cold iron cost twice as much to make as their normal counterparts. Also, any magical enhancements cost an additional 2,000 gp.

Items without metal parts cannot be made from cold iron. An arrow could be made of cold iron, but a quarterstaff could not.

A double weapon that has only half of it made of cold iron increases its cost by 50%.

Cold iron has 30 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 10.

Dracomeander

First Post
A shadow does not have any type of DR. It is merely incorporeal. I doesn't matter what the weapon used is made of to affect a shadow. It merely requires some form of magical enhancement. If there is no magical enhancement upon the weapon, it cannot harm the shadow no matter how much damage would normally be inflicted.

Also, if the enhancement doesn't include a Ghost Touch ability, the incorporeality of the shadow still allows it to ignore the damage 50% of the time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads