• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Colin McComb issues apology for the Complete Book of Elves

Cephor

Villager
Pretty funny. Even though I don't know the specifics behind this particular book and why it had problems, I can understand.

Grue

First Post
Should it be sincere?

<Sigh> Yes. Otherwise it's not an apology just a bit of backhanded snark (and not even particularly funny snark). For 2.5 Million they could have mustered at least something entertaining like tying Colin to a tree and pelting him with rotten fruit.

Of course Colin forgets a number of DMs spent their cash on this Complete Book of Mary Sue and found they couldn't really use it in their games without more work and care than it was probably worth. Not that you would know that before buying given the lack of online review sites at the time. It complements the Elves of Evermeet nicely though;-)

Tharian

First Post
I rather enjoyed that video. Mind you, I never actually read the Complete Book of Elves.

I think my favorite part of the response was the comment about roleplaying in a game about roleplaying.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
I dug it.

Just think. Someday, after a lot more water passes under the bridge, we'll be able to pay our hard-earned cash for similar apologies for third and fourth edition mistakes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads