• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

College Football

Krieg

First Post
Crothian said:
glares at the school up north
Damn I miss Woody.

Crothian said:
It is but really until we see these kids its really hard to say. I haven't seen them in practice and I I only know what little they say in the newspaper. I just can't wait to watch them Saturday.
Everett has had a great fall so far and barely edged Ty out for the spot. Whitner looks to be the nickel back right now the point is pretty moot as both will be on the field a lot.

D'Andrea is starting because they expect UC to throw it all over the place. He is faster than Schlagel & is better in coverage.

Look to see 5-6 guys rotating at LB much as the DL has done the last few years.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Well, everyone should be throwing on the Buckeyes this year. They really aren't going to be running on us. I'm so looking forward to the season to start.....

:D

rgard

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Go blue?? You're in Virginian, aren't you supposed to be a Cavelier? It will be decided on the field in late Novmeber.....

and Thieve's World rocks, I must tell everyone....

Yes, Go Blue! Born in Pittsburgh, grew up in the 'Burgh', graduated from Michigan. Only one Virginian in my family...Cyrus, our youngest was born in Fairfax, VA.

Yes, on the field in November. It all comes down to that game for both schools.

Crothian

First Post
rgard said:
Yes, Go Blue! Born in Pittsburgh, grew up in the 'Burgh', graduated from Michigan. Only one Virginian in my family...Cyrus, our youngest was born in Fairfax, VA.

Yes, on the field in November. It all comes down to that game for both schools.

I want them both to be undefeated, like the old days. Two undefeated powerhouses that hate each other. Now that would make a good game.

drothgery

First Post
Crothian said:
I very well could be, there's really only one team I wish bad things for and its not Nebraska.

glares at the school up north

:cool:
As a good Orange fan, I've saved my pure, unadulterated hatred for Virginia Tech for years. With them and Miami out of the Big East (what was up with including schools who have only the vaguest notion that basketball exists in the Big East, anyway?), I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it up. And I'd left Ohio long before I became a college football fan, so while I've got a soft spot for the Buckeyes, it's hard to see the Wolverines as 100% Pure Evil.

Any ideas for a new enemy?

Krieg

First Post
BC is probably not the best choice as this is their last year in the Big East, next year they will join the other Big East expatriots in the ACC.

Personally I would go with UC or Louisville. What better way to welcome two new red headed step children to the league than to despise them mercilessly?

:p

drothgery

First Post
Crothian said:
Good point about BC, I had forgotten about that. Go with Lousiville, they need a good football school to hate.
That's not a bad idea. And as an added bonus, the Cardinals think that they know something about basketball, so I won't have to switch enemies come basketball season (Georgetown was fading by the mid-90s, and neither UConn nor Pitt ever inspired the same passion, no matter how good the Huskies have been).

Crothian

First Post
Well, a rivalry is much more then the quality of teams. Its a seething hatred of everything the other school stands for, its fans of one color all uniting against the common foe. :D

Its good we have some mid major games tommoroow night.....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads