College of Whispers is the next Xanathar's Guide Preview!

College of Whispers might be the weakest of the colleges, but I love the idea of it. You are basically a magic spy/secret agent. I am really really excited for this

College of Whispers might be the weakest of the colleges, but I love the idea of it. You are basically a magic spy/secret agent. I am really really excited for this

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Yeah, its got poison use in common with the Dark Sun bard, but that's about it.

I don't like how 5e has so many spellcasting classes and would not use it for Dark Sun period.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I find it very confusing , all this talk of DS yet the FR is still the default for this edition and its literally named after a Beholder Crime Boss who run Skullport which is also in FR. Id love to see more setting specific Subclasses.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
My Dark Sun experience is all 4e, so "a Dark Sun Bard" to me means the 'Unwelcome Guest' theme with all-Poison attack powers but not anything Bard-specific.
Why would not a DS assassin Bard just use extended-radius Defiling on his target's home and be done with it? No need for anything specifically Bard-y.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I find it very confusing , all this talk of DS yet the FR is still the default for this edition and its literally named after a Beholder Crime Boss who run Skullport which is also in FR.

It's like Volo's Guide to Monsters—though it's named after a FR character and (likely) contain quips from said character, it's actually a setting-neutral book in all but name.

Id love to see more setting specific Subclasses.

Indeed. I'd like mechanical support for the other (non-base-FR) settings in the form of classes, subclasses, equipment, spells, monsters, etc.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I find it very confusing , all this talk of DS yet the FR is still the default for this edition and its literally named after a Beholder Crime Boss who run Skullport which is also in FR. Id love to see more setting specific Subclasses.
Homebrew is the default, not FR: expect little to no FR specific material in the Guide.

gyor

Legend
It's like Volo's Guide to Monsters—though it's named after a FR character and (likely) contain quips from said character, it's actually a setting-neutral book in all but name.

Indeed. I'd like mechanical support for the other (non-base-FR) settings in the form of classes, subclasses, equipment, spells, monsters, etc.

It's a mix of both, which gets confusing.

Remove ads

Remove ads